USWE SPORTS ACTION HYDRO PACKS GIVEAWAYS!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

i know it's been covered, but can i get a solid answer...

what do u need to do to swap the forks and shock off a 06 and up yz250 to an 05? do they just bolt up? i've read alot of different things, and they all seem to vary...can i get away with just bolting them? no making spacers, etc...

The shock is easy 00-08 will all fit, some may be slightly longer or shorter but not by much.

the forks are different, you can use the 05 clamps but you will need to make some adjustments with the spacers, I just put a set of 07 on my 05, with 06 450f clamps, 06 450 clamps are same part no. as 06 and up yz250. I still had to cut my non brake side spacer to make it work, also 07 and newer need a 07 or newer brake caliper. and work better with the newer axle which is shorter.

i just put my 07 yz250f forks and shock on my 05 yz 250. here is what i did, rear shock bolts in. i took the forks off the 07, along with the brake caliper, axle and spacers. then took the 05 forks, caliper, axle and spacers off. put the 07 forks, caliper, axle and spacers on the 05. simple. only had to re bleed the brakes, got the 07 caliper as a bonus. the bottom of the forks are different, hence the different axle spacers. if you just have 06 or newer forks, you will need the spacers and axle too i believe, or...will have to swap the bottom of the forks, which i hear is a pain?. HTH but not sure if the 06 or newer 2t stuff is different then the 4t stuff..... this is how to fit 07 4t forks on to an 05 2t...

I thought that the 05+ forks were all the same diameter, 48mm, should that not just bolt right up to the triple clamp?

I thought that the 05+ forks were all the same diameter, 48mm, should that not just bolt right up to the triple clamp?

Depends on the axle blocks.

the forks fit in the clamps, axle blocks are different, making the axle spacers and axle length different.

06+ clamps are wider than 05 also