Sign in to follow this  

Looking at buying a Tundra... opinions

2005 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab - 107000 miles

Loaded and in excellent condition. Seller is asking 13,000 which is a decent price based on KBB and a really good price based on Nada. I'm not sure about the 107,000 miles though. I would have like one with much fewer miles but do not want to pay all the extra money for it. Is it worth it to spend this much on a truck with such high miles?

My dad has one of the newer model tundras with the 5.7 and loves it. He towed our boat from san diego to here after we bought it with no problems, he said he could hardly even notice it.

Thats a lot of money for a truck with those kinda miles... Even if the truck is spotless and runs like brand new I wouldn't pay that kinda money for it. You would probably be able to knock them down a little more $$.

I've driven a ton of tundras when I worked for a toyota dealer. They are awesome trucks and reliable.

I just wouldnt pay over 10g's for a 5 year old truck with over 100k.

Thats a lot of money for a truck with those kinda miles... Even if the truck is spotless and runs like brand new I wouldn't pay that kinda money for it. You would probably be able to knock them down a little more $$.

I've driven a ton of tundras when I worked for a toyota dealer. They are awesome trucks and reliable.

I just wouldnt pay over 10g's for a 5 year old truck with over 100k.

I like your line of thinking, but around here Tundra's bring premium dollars all the time. In many cases dealers will ask way over high book for them, then come down to high book.

Looking at similar Tundras with under 100K and your looking at 14-15K all day long, it's retarded really....

Looking at similar Tundras with under 100K and your looking at 14-15K all day long, it's retarded really....

Very true, over here the area is kinda saturated with tundra's. Especially the new 07-10's.

There's a timing belt change that needs to be done at 90k miles on the Tundra.

And, it's common procedure to also change out the water pump, accessories belt, and belt rollers too while the timing belt is changed out. It's really dumb to not replace all of these wearable parts at a time when they're already off the engine in order to get to the timing belt.

If the truck can be shown that all has been done, then the price @ $13k is justified, for the maintenance @ 90k miles is at the most costly.