Need the power up jets.

Went to the dealer today and they could find the power up jet kit or the jets but they could get the power up needle. I need the main jet and pilot jet which is the 132 for he main and 45 for the pilot, I looked for them on the internet but didnt see any and the biggest I see was a 108?

Thanks

Your dealer should have the 99113-GHB-1320 MJ and 99113-KPS-0450 PJ.

Service Honda has them online (under $15 for the pair):

http://www.servicehonda.com/look-up-parts/03

Might want to try the TT store too. ?

IF you order from service honda be sure to call for a full quote, I went to order the jets from them and what was a 11.00 sub total turned into a total 25.00 order (14.00 for shipping)....Not worth it!!! You can get them less else where..

Seriously? That E-bay thing is $45 for just the main and needle set?! Hell, you can get 2 mains, pilot, and needle set from crfs only for $47.

It's eBay, erm, ePay. What'd you expect? ?

In any case, they're out there if needed.

So is the 132 main the way to go or the 120? I remember reading in the sticky that Coeshow found that the 120 main produced the best results and that the 132 was too big.

Depends on your elevation.

im right around sea level myself and find the 132 to be way to rich. The 120 works great for me.

I also found the stock needle to work out a little better in my opinion aswell. i have it on the 4th clip down. I also run a 48 pilot as my 230 was popping on decel with a 45 even at 2.5-3 turns out on the fuel screw.

So is the 132 main the way to go or the 120? I remember reading in the sticky that Coeshow found that the 120 main produced the best results and that the 132 was too big.

Yep, 120 at see level.

132 is too big every where except on Jupiter it'd be just right.

Any good motorcycle supply or dealership should carry a selection of jets in all sizes....nothing special about the bikes....keihin carbs.

Tthe wife's 2008 230 now has a 120 main jet, 48 pilot, stock needle, and 1 1/2 turns out on the fuel screw.

Runs great at sea level with the flap removed from the top of the air box ans a few large holes drilled in the baffle.

I think you are supposed to use the 120 with the stock needle and the 132 with the power up needle (power-up needle is a larger diameter).

With the newer model 230F’s like the 08 I own there are only two positions on the stock needle. Older models with the needle clip in the 4th groove from the top, fuel screw @2turns out yielded better dyno results with a 120 then the 132. (search thread “Dyno Results In”) I use an aftermarket Honda Power up needle, but only use the 120 when heat and humidity is at its peak in summer. For the majority of the time I use the 132 and ride < 1000 ft. For me the 132 feels like it pulls harder than the 120 and reaches the rev limiter faster. The bike has stock gearing and your results may vary.

Power-up needle: Honda p/n 16012-KPS-921, approx .069" tip diameter, C30F stamp

Early model (2005) OEM needle with 5 grooves: 16012-KPS-901, approx .041" tip diameter, C39A stamp

If the needle shape affects the flow through the main jet, you will need a different size main jet with a stock needle vs a PowerUp needle.

Maybe that's why most people with a de-restricted bike utilize a #110 - #120 main, depending on altitude, with a stock needle.

The Power-up kit comes with a #132 and #135 main.

:banana:

Edited by Sofiedog
added info