Sign in to follow this  

Colored fuel line?

Looking to buy some colored fuel line for some Jet Skis we have and maybe some motorcycles. Any good places to get colored fuel line? Stores, online etc.

Thanks,

Dan

Red is the fastest fuel line color...

Pffffft, no way. My older brother said the blue ones are way faster than red...:thumbsup:

MAX!!!

I want two-color hose arranged in a double-helix pattern like DNA, but I'm dumb.

• Like 1

I purchased carb vent line from RMATV last week (clear blue) and it seems pretty good so far.

I also bought 10 feet of the clear fuel line and it is very nicely made. It's thick, but pliable, and doesn't kink easily. I dunno how well it will fare over time, but I will be using it on my Yamaha and my Kawasaki so I'll let you know how it holds up

I tried that hose, it sucks a lot! It's rock hard.

The stuff over at motohose.com is quality silicone.

FALSE.....quality yes ..... silicone no. Why??? Silicone will swell and fall off when exposed to Gasoline.

Moto Hose is the only company that does NOT make the carburator hoses out of Silicone. Moto Hose uses the same material your stock carburator hoses were made of only Moto Hose uses solid color all the way through.

Moto Hose radiator hoses are made of Silicone.

2 pieces of silicone hose were cut from the same sample of silicone hose. The lager piece shown was exposed to gasoline for 15 minutes.

photo4.jpg

Edited by lumpy790

Did not spacifically look at the date but .... Yes ...... bad information is bad information no matter how old it is.

Doesn't really matter how old the thread is, he is adding info that could be useful to people searching for this topic...

I tried that hose, it sucks a lot! It's rock hard.

The stuff over at motohose.com is quality silicone.

I use Helix fuel line on all my bikes, have never had a problem with it being hard. Correct size slides right on, no leaks, no problems.