Sign in to follow this  

Did I mess up KLX140 Jetting

I read some posts and decided to upgrade my sons klx140. I put an fmf pipe on it, took off the airbox snorkle and drilled a few holes, and then changed the jetting (up to 40 pilot and 95 main)...now it won't start????

It ran really well before with stock jetting (with the pipe and the holes etc.)...the jetting was the last step i just did...

I have read about the 140 being hard to start but am surprised that simply changing the jets would give this kind of trouble.

Thoughts? What else should i do to make starting easier? Should i go back to the origional pilot only (leave the main for more power at higher rpm?)

thanks

95 is what the 140 comes stock with on the main jet, I would try a 105 or 110 on the main, I ran a 110 main on mine, you will melt the rings out running it lean on topend on the stock main with holes in the airbox. Also, did you cut a notch into the fuel screw, its just a smooth brass head next to the idle screw, you will need to take something and notch it so you can open it up to about one and a half turns out.:thumbsup:

Edited by clint eastwood

40 pilot or 42 main 100 or 105 actually throw the carb away and install a kx 65 carb will need to buy a plastic barbed spacer to cut theback airboot in two and lengthen it, can get at your local hardware store. along with two clamps for each side, and change up the throttle cable, but well worth it.

i took the screw out and cut the notch so i could adjust. Started right up???

Go figure.

Thanks