Cant decide which bars.....

So I am gong to be doing a lot of work the the DRZ in the next two weeks. Decided I might as well change the bars since I need taller ones. I cant decide on the Pro Taper EVO or the Easton EXP bars. Help a cracka out....

I got the easton exp since it comes in a package of bar and mount for 100 bucks at cyclegear.com

Its a beefier bar than the protaper for sure.

I got the mid or high bend cant remember. IMO I would have got the lowest bend, because I dont stand up and I only ride the streets.. Its easier for me to push down on the bars. However any bar is tits compared to the oem one.

I think both brand bars are good.. Just the protaper came out a bit more on price.

i have the Easton EXP bars in the CR Highbend and love them...they have held up great in so high speed get offs+guard rails ?

cleaned%20up%20DRZ%20with%20new%20chain%20004.JPG

and I also got them on sale at Cycle gear :ride:...BTW...is your bike a SM or a "S" ????....

its your picture from another post that made me look at the Easton bars. My bike is an S.

I believe Easton has the adapter for such a thing correct?

EXP TU 33 0

clamps_tech_tu33_0.jpg

Those won't work. The risers on the S triple clamp are cast as part of the clamp and are not removable. Those adapters are meant for triples with removable risers. What you need is an adapter that slips into the 7/8" bar mount then has half circle cutouts for the oversized bars. One like this:

-Nzu3H8AAAEAABx3rrkAAAAA-86706.jpg

Edit: Oops, my bad, I took a closer look at that pic and those are what you need. I sit in front of a computer all day and keep my monitor dark I couldn't quite make out the bottom.

• 3 weeks later...

I need higher bars as well, since I stand most of the time. I am 5'10".

If I went with the fatter bars, would I not need new clamps for everything (brake and clutch, etc.)?

If I could get away with a 7/8" bar, that was stronger and higher than stock, I would be happy. Any suggestions?