2002 kx500 biuld :)

i hope to be posting photos of my kx 500 as i biuld it. the bike will be taged so it will have lights. als the frame is getting dipped to look like carbon fiber ?. i dont know what i want to do to the engine yet . any ideas would help . i could make it look like carbon fiber or maybe diamond plate . the swing arm is going to be all skulls . any cool ideas for the 500 are welcome.

I just sold a 02 KX500 frame with a Jersey title, was it you that bought it? My 02 500 in a 04 KX250 hybrid is titled. It may get a very basic dualsport kit. What are you using to power the lights? Post up some pics!

I just sold a 02 KX500 frame with a Jersey title, was it you that bought it? My 02 500 in a 04 KX250 hybrid is titled. It may get a very basic dualsport kit. What are you using to power the lights? Post up some pics!

yeah this would be your old frame. all of the other parts are off of a 98 kx 500. ill have some photos i hope by this weekend. the frame is at the powder coater now getting hydro diped to look like carbonfiber. im hoping it tuns out nice . ill post the lighting coil i have for it to night . i hope its enuff to run the lights . ill most likely run all led lights on the bike so that should help with the power demand. i dint have any problems at all putting the title in my name. thanks alot for selling it. it killed me to have to sell my 2001 kx500 that was taged.

• 1 year later...

I was wondering what happened with it! Good to see the frame all cleaned up and put to good use. My KX500SF project stalled over the last year also. Hopefully it'll be up by late spring or sometime this summer.

the frame was done with water transfer . my friend owns the powder coat shop that does it . he talked me into 2 toning it trying to get the look like the carbonfiber is under the green. to bad he let me put the powder primer on . i baked it to long and cured the primer to much . so i had to strip it all off last week. not easy to do at all . so now that im in a hurry to finnish the bike i made the frame all green. ill be doing my spare swing arm in carbonfiber or sculls as soon as he gets a little slow or i get time to go over at night .

Livin mah dream. I don't really have any dreams of SM or anything, I just want to use my KX500 to mess with the street bike people. Especially all these old guys out here on straight pipe harleys. Lemme know how it feels lol.

Are titled street legal frames common? or did you have to hunt for ages? It never went click in my head that I could just get a frame. I was thinking a whole nother bike.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started back up on my 500 project. Got the grinding and clean up just about done on the 04 250 frame. I have to make up some new motor mounts and hopefully have the welding done next weekend. My girlfriend is going to lace up a 18" wheel for it. I got a lighting coil for it over the winter. Just have to get a big tank for it. Im hoping to have it ready by memorial day weekend. Your bike is looking good! I have a few leftover parts from that 500 if your interested. Radiators, skid plate and some works connection frame guards.