Sign in to follow this  

Triple clamps for 2006

I am on the quest to do the triple clamp modification. I have been looking around for sale's, deals, used and new for a few weeks. I would love to go to 22mm off set, but would be happy to pick up the 2009 stock clamps for the right price. I would even go to 20mm if they were available for a good price. I am very happy with my bike in almost every way, with the exception of the way it wants to stand up in the ruts/corners.

Here are my questions......

Does anyone know if there is any other triple clamp that will fit on the kxf450?

Could I use some off of another bike brand? Or does anyone want some new ones on their 2009 and will sell me theirs to help offset the cost?

If I don't find any by April, I will probably end up buying some new, but I really don't want to spend 400+ bucks on them.:thumbsup:. Especially because I may be getting a different bike next year.

Thanks for any help.:ride:

I just put my stock 2010 clamps (same as 09-23mmoffset) on my 08 before I sold it to a good friend just to sweeten the deal. In my opinion it is not enough. I put 20mm RG3s on my 08 (same 24mm offset as 06) and it was mind boggling what it did to that bike. No more mid corner correcting. The good news is that they are all interchangeable, 22mm is not enough IMHO. Find some 20s and dont look back.