Sign in to follow this  

4 stroke header dents

Is there anyway to remove dents in you 4 stroke header with out buying a new one or bringing it somewhere ?

you can cork one side, fill it up with water, then cork the otherside and put it in the freezer. There are more in-depth methods of this on the thread.

YZ Kid is right...depending on the severity of the dents it works perfectly. I've done it many times. Depending on where the dent is and if you can get it to sit upright without corking the ends and still have water fully surrounding the dent you might not need to cork the ends.

Had to do mine 3 times but I didn't cork the ends just leaned it so the water was at the dent.

does anyone here even understand the freezing water concept?

a cork is not needed and is absolutely retarded.

water freezes from the OUTSIDE in, it also expands. did a light just go off in your head? if not ill just say it; the water forms its own "cork" simple as that.

fill header with water. freeze it. repeat. done.

does anyone here even understand the freezing water concept?

a cork is not needed and is absolutely retarded.

water freezes from the OUTSIDE in, it also expands. did a light just go off in your head? if not ill just say it; the water forms its own "cork" simple as that.

fill header with water. freeze it. repeat. done.

Your a idiot! You don't have voice your opinions with a bunch of other BS. You have to "cork" atleast one end so the water doesn't come out!

Your a idiot! You don't have voice your opinions with a bunch of other BS. You have to "cork" atleast one end so the water doesn't come out!

no you dont dude, use your head. its simple science; water freezes at the ends/outside points first AND expands as it freezes creating its own cork ON BOTH ENDS. then the middle freezes AND expands pushing the dents out slowly. :thumbsup::bonk:

why would the water come out? you dont need to fill the header 100% full with water, and even then you still wouldnt need a cork. once the 1 inch on each side freezes AND expands, it makes its own cork/plug! pretty complicated eh?

ive done the header dent trick probably 50 times now and havnt once used a cork.

No you don't, I never cork either end of the pipes I freeze. You just have to fill the pipe enough to cover the dent, then stand it up in your freezer.

No you don't, I never cork either end of the pipes I freeze. You just have to fill the pipe enough to cover the dent, then stand it up in your freezer.

thank you. finally someone with a brain chimes in :thumbsup:

OK so you guys are right. The differance between your post and KJ790 is he gets his point across with a lot more class!

Fyi must have to do with my freezer size and location of dent.I could not get enough water up past the bend with out tapeing one end shut and position in my freezer.

OK so you guys are right. The differance between your post and KJ790 is he gets his point across with a lot more class!

Fyi must have to do with my freezer size and location of dent.I could not get enough water up past the bend with out tapeing one end shut and position in my freezer.

no, people here on TT just like to think they know everything, mainly the guys who said you needed a cork.

class my ass, I explained why you dont need a cork better than anyone else here. youre a moron if you dont understand how water freezes and that it creates its own plug. ever seen a lake or a river freeze up? it sure as hell isnt the middle that freezes first :thumbsup: if its not the middle, what is it? some people here just dont have any common sense.

class shouldnt be required in posts if you have half a brain, we are men (or should I say boys) here, not women.