Sign in to follow this  

Front Brake Question...

Will 2008 CRF450R brake pads fit a 2007 YZ250 front caliper??!

I don't think so. Both the 2 stroke and 4 stroke front pads changed from 2007 to 2008. The rear pads are the same.

Will 2008 CRF450R brake pads fit a 2007 YZ250 front caliper??!

Yes they will.

The YZ250 changed calipers on the 08 model, so your in luck. It was the YZ250F which changed to the newer style caliper in 07.

Berg

Yes they will.

The YZ250 changed calipers on the 08 model, so your in luck. It was the YZ250F which changed to the newer style caliper in 07.

Berg

Thank you! Are the Honda pads better then the oem Yamaha pads? The Yamaha pads are 15 dollars cheaper?

The honda pads will drop right in to the 07 caliper and are much better. In a dollars vs worth formula....... 15.00 dollars worth??? Thats a bargain as they are 30.00 better, at least.

Many have said they also work in the 2008 and 2009 caliper. The 450 guys tried it and all was ok. I never did so I cannot say for sure.

I found the Honda front pads and an oem Yamaha rotor to be as strong as a Galfer Oversize rotor and stock galfer pads. In that respect, the Honda pads are worth 250. No lie, joke or exaggeration as I gain nothing no matter which direction you go.