Rowher Ride Saturday

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it was fun while it lasted for me! Total bummer to get another flat so I will be on here searching for the best remedies to prevent flats as the heavy duty tubes are not cutting it by themselves. But it was a fun time and glad to meet you all. Can't wait for another ride!

Very cool to see the GPS tracks as well. Way to go sarge!

great ride, no falls A+ company!

pity 426cali got that flat! woulda been A++!!!!

can't wait until next time, unfortunately i think ill have too.

when i was parking the bike in the garage the bike slipped and i think i cracked the metal box thingy on the side, and now its leaking oil.

there an easy fix for that? O.o

Yeah it was fun while it lasted for me! Total bummer to get another flat so I will be on here searching for the best remedies to prevent flats as the heavy duty tubes are not cutting it by themselves. But it was a fun time and glad to meet you all. Can't wait for another ride!

Very cool to see the GPS tracks as well. Way to go sarge!

Go tubeless.. I just put one on the rear. Pretty awesome. Now saving the pennies to get the front.

http://www.nuetech.com/

woo hooo.. looks like we may have a group tomorrow. If I read through the thread correctly. looks like we will have.....

#1 - roggiedog

#2 - msgtretired

#3 - 02WR426Cali

#4 - Ethango

#5 - Premium Malt

#6 - Aaron8

#7 - pvduke

#8 - truep

#9 - ksrrider

#10 - LAfreeride

Don't forget Paul_Arc who rode with me. We had fun and also something to remember the ride by, but it wasn't what I had in mind.:banana:?

Anyway, nice meeting you guys, sorry we didn't ride with you. We did about 55 miles today with some real tight stuff, but I wasn't quite satisfied, I needed about 80. I hit a stump branch with my right bicep and it's soar, so I called it a day. Someday I will realize I'm not a kid anymore.lol

Edited by ksrrider

Wow the graph and map are really cool! mind if I ask what type of gps you are using? I would love to find something like that to run on my iphone (if its even possible..) my friend and I do similar loops at rowher pretty often because we live so close (lake elizabeth and green valley). we'll have to join you guys next time around,,, its fun stuff, good training grounds :banana:

a month ago I picked up the Garmin Dakota 10. I have the topo west maps loaded on it as well. It's an entry level GPS which does what I need. What I like is the GPX files can be converted to Google earth files. You can actually zoom in on google earth or the topo program and see exactly where you were. and view the screen to find your way back if lost. There are better ones out there, but I'm happy with this one. it was a couple hundered bucks..

Oh yeah I have seen those before....I will look into it for sure

another new thing they have is the balls. where if one gets flat, you still have a bunch more in there with air. Also, as i mentioned today, I went through a period where i had a flat every other outing. like a dozen in a few months. it was caused by my big butt and a weak sidewall. replaced the old tire with a desert it tire, and that cured it.

Don't forget Paul_Arc who rode with me. We had fun and also something to remember the ride by, but it wasn't what I had in mind.:banana:?

Anyway, nice meeting you guys, sorry we didn't ride with you. We did about 55 miles today with some real tight stuff, but I wasn't quite satisfied, I needed about 80. I hit a stump branch with my right bicep and it's soar, so I called it a day. Someday I will realize I'm not a kid anymore.lol

It was nice meeting you guys too. I'm a little tired right now. LOL. Now I need to make a decision. ride early tomorrow with another buddy, or sleep in.

my :banana: was? ....dang good hammer-fest :banana:

at the top i think i might have splashed someone by accident making a pass, forgot that lake was there. when me and the 125 get into the ether, well, i have trouble lifting....braaaaap! i prolly owe one of you a beer, or some dry cleaning. claim it any time.

ksr & paul- class act:thumbsup:. thanks for letting me shake some rust off w/ y'all. dinner on me next time. seriously.

nice to have put some faces with the names after all these years.

-kevin.

It was nice meeting you guys too. I'm a little tired right now. LOL. Now I need to make a decision. ride early tomorrow with another buddy, or sleep in.

Sleep in, it's easier on the body. At our age we need our rest.:banana:

The ride was fun. we started at the trail head off of Bouquet across from the Drinkwater entrance (NF-6N19-Quarry RD). After the ten of us, pvduke, roggiedog, 02wr426cali, Ethango, Premium Malt, Aaron8, ksrrider, LAfreeride, Paul_Arc, and myself made our introductions, we jumped on our bikes and climbed up the hill. Once on top, we zig zagged across the Sierra Pelona ridge (NF-6N07) towards the Rowher trail. Splashing through mud puddles, up rocky and rutted trails, having a good ole time. Up at the top, pvduke, ksridder and Paul_arc split off and had their own adventure, as our group was a slow leisure group, and those guys were ready to ride. Our remaining group of seven, roggiedog, 02wr426cali, Ethango, Premium Malt, Aaron8, LAfreeride, and myself jumped on the Sierra trail from the Rowher trail. At the beginning of the Sierra trail 02wr426cali noticed he had a front flat tire. bummer. He headed back. After ensuring he safely made it up to the fireroad, the remaining six of us, roggiedog, Ethango, Premium Malt, Aaron8, LAfreeride and myself continued. We continued across the Sierra trail onto the Ridge trail over to the Fall trail. That was pretty cool, some switchbacks, loose rock, drop offs, and decending trails. I have never been on that trail before. We took fall trail down to Texas rd. We then took the Texas Ridge, then over through the stagin area. we made it over to and through the Spring trail, jumped on the Rowher Loop, and then climbed up the Rowher trail. A couple of the guys played on the hill climbs at the midpoint. After getting up to the top, I love that climb, and love that view, we continued down the Rowher towards the Bouquet Reservoir crossing Martindale ridge rd (NF-6n08). We stopped at the road. Then we climbed back up that steep road. on the way up we met some mountain bikes having their own adventure. We went back across the Sierra Pelona (NF-6N07), through the mud puddles, then back down the access trail to where our trucks were parked. It was a fun day. met some great guys. and hope to ride with everyone of them again.

Edited by msgtretired
spelling and clarity 9lolol interductions vs introductions