Better buy? CRF450x

hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade from my XR400 to a CRF450x. I've been looking at a couple different ad's online, tell me what you think about these...

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=9759308&cat=236&lpid=

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=9802821&cat=236&lpid=

Those are the two. The first one makes me weary because he really doesn't say much at all in the description, which I think is weird for an online ad. it's definitely cleaner than the second ad though. It'd be really nice if someone lived nearby and could check one of them out for me ?

Thanks!

yeah bikes are expensive here and hard to come by. I wouldn't wanna travel more than about 150 miles or so to get one, since i'm pretty cheap lol. That classifieds website is pretty big around here, it's what i use to find most my bikes. I'll check craigslist

Oh, I guess my last post is useless then...

You could mod the hell out of your XR and it would be a bullet proof monster.

Pumper Carb

Cr/crf front end

new rear suspension

ETC... look in the Xr400 forum. personally i wouldn't touch any of the 450s....

It has a pumper carb on it already. I've had xr's for the past several years and they've all been bulletproof, but I only ride a handful of times per year so I won't be doing too much rebuilding and such. Everyone in my group rides the wr's (450 and one 290) and my xr just can't hold with them, my riding experience can't, but the bike just can't. So i'm looking for something a little more race inspired and something that'll handle sand dunes better, the XR is just a tank.

I'm hoping i can talk the dealer with the 450x to 3500. It's about 3 hours south of where I live. I'm just not sure about the other bike for some reason. other than pricing, what do you think?

I would try my hardest to talk them down to $3500 at least. I have no use at all for a 500cc two stroke other than the sand dunes i visit once a year. I have a feeling they won't like the tight single track and mountain trails we do here in northern Utah. A 450 4 stroke works the best because they have the torque for the tight trails and the HP for the fire roads.

I'm leaning towards the '06 with the short description because i can't find a flaw on it in the pictures. (other than the case wear on the right side, any ridden bike will have that though.)

I live right between those 2 bikes. I have been to that dealer and personally woluld never buy a bike from them. I have seen the high school yahoos in the back that they call mechanics, and to say the least they scare me!

I maybe able to hit the one in riverton this weekend. I think I have seen the dealer one And it's pretty rough looking. Haven't ridden it but seeing thier workers I didn't really want to. Just my $.02

I live right between those 2 bikes. I have been to that dealer and personally woluld never buy a bike from them. I have seen the high school yahoos in the back that they call mechanics, and to say the least they scare me!

I maybe able to hit the one in riverton this weekend. I think I have seen the dealer one And it's pretty rough looking. Haven't ridden it but seeing thier workers I didn't really want to. Just my $.02

I appreciate the input. Theres a couple dealers around here like that and i don't trust them with anything. Maybe I could convince you to look at the bike in Riverton for me this weekend? My saturday is getting pretty full and i don't know if i'd make it before dark. if you don't want to or can't get around to it no worries.

I was hoping to be able to get a new fo fiddy this weekend to take to the dunes next weekend but I don't think that'll happen. ?