Sign in to follow this  

TXC or TE???

All,

Looking for some opinions and what a better forum to ask this in than all of you loyal Husky folks. I am looking to purchase a new husky in the very near future. Right now my only real dilema is to purchase the TXC450 or the TE450. I know they both have their pro's and con's, example: TXC is lighter and more of a MX/off-road "hybrid" but lacks the EFI. The TE has EFI but forget ripping the thing on a MX track. 99% of my riding is conducted in the mountains of California but nothing so high above sea level where EFI would be a major plus, yet the TE has been a proven model for Husqvarna for some time. I currently own a 2000 TE610 (not the E model) and it has been a true champ but defenetly on the heavy side and I think after 10 years it is time to treat myself to "newer" technology. Both have E-start which as I get older sounds more and more appealing and both are Green sticker legal in California.

So I ask all of you. What is your opinions, pro-cons, etc?

I think the new TXCs have FI also ... If you need a street legal bike, go TE, otherwise go TXC ... and check out cafehusky.com ... it has tons written on these bikes from guys that are riding them now, even on the same trails together for comparison ...

I'm not from CA and have no clues on green stickers and such....

I think the new TXCs have FI also ... If you need a street legal bike, go TE, otherwise go TXC ... and check out cafehusky.com ... it has tons written on these bikes from guys that are riding them now, even on the same trails together for comparison ...

I'm not from CA and have no clues on green stickers and such....

Nope, not FI for the 450 TXC. FWIW I have a buddy with the same model year (2009) TXC as my TE. Mine is a 310, his a 250. just from watching the bikes work around each other, it seems like his has more on top, less on the bottom. If both were the same displacement, I'm not sure which way I'd go. I like the TE's FI and lights (and its plated!) but the TXC is (slightly) noticeably lighter. I don't feel my TE's weight while riding, just when picking it up. The TXC is probably a better pure dirt bike, but the TE's practicality level is off the charts. You won't go wrong with either.

Simple if you want tags TE if you don't TXC. I have the 09 TXC510 and it's an awesome bike with lots of power and handles great for it's weight. Like stated you can't go wrong with either bike it's all about your needs.

It looks like the 2010 TXC250 has FI....Not sure about the 010 450 ... Not sure about the number of gears on the 450 either... The 010s are also the start of the smaller model engines for the 250s...again, not sure about the 450...

Most info written on these bikes is about the 250s ... everyone seems to luv these :thumbsup: ... mine is an 08 250 and I'm fine with it and this is the last bike I should own for at least 6-8 years...

Edited by ray_ray

I tested both the TE's and TXC's models ( all of them). I ended up buying the 510 TXC 2010 wich is not EFI and nor is the 450, just the 250 TXC has it. The TXC is much more agil and crisp in power when jetted right. The EFI on the TE450/510 need remap and may be an exahust, it feels heavy and with no hit at all. I then rode a TE450 2010 with about 250 miles and remaped ( they say you need to put miles to get it to work better), and it felt different but still not as sharp as the TXC.

Hope it helps you out, I know the feeling since I was the same on what to get, I ended up with the TXC510 looking to race the ISDE in the E3 class, but would have gone for the TXC450 as well no questions asked, not for the TE but I like more agresive riding and suspension set up as well!

All good points so thanks too all who replied. Most of my riding is on mountain trails with a lot of steep grades and tight switchbacks so by the sounds of it, the TXC is the model I may be looking for. I don't plan on plating it since I never ride on the streets. I defenetly need the power and the agility for D36 (Northern CA. racing) and don't want the extra weight of the TE.

YEP get the TXC you will be a very happy rider. Good luck.