Sign in to follow this  

Main bearing seal. This was strange.

Has anyone ever have the main bearing seal just fall out? I did not have to drill screws into it. I was just able to slide it out with my fingers. It looked like it was never pressed/pushed in. Has anyone ever come across this same thing? Thanks Ben

Nope, that's strange. Any markings to indicate the manufacturer of the seal? Honda's come from the factory with NOK seals.

Nope, that's strange. Any markings to indicate the manufacturer of the seal? Honda's come from the factory with NOK seals.

What does NOK seal mean? I looked brand new. It did not have one mark on it. I put on the brand new one because i already ordered it. It just looked like it was place there and not pushed in. The was my first bearing seal replacement so it struck me odd. Ben

Did the new seal just 'push-in' as well? Or was it tighter than the seal you removed?

NOK is a manufacturer of seals, the one that Honda uses. You will typically see a manufacturer and a manufacturer's part number printed on the seal. If there were no markings whatsoever, it was probably a Chinese seal. You cannot trust Chinese seals to be of the correct dimensions.

Collidge. I had to drive it in with a socket. 1987CR250R It was just like the one I received from Honda.