Sign in to follow this  

trouble with 2002 450

hi there guys i am kinda new to the forum in terms of posting but i am having some problems with a 2002 crf450r that i am trying to bring back to running for a fiend. i have been through everything in the bike and checked it all twice and i am still not able to get the bike to idle. it will start with the choke on but when the choke is turned off it idols for a second and then dies. when the bike is warm i can only start it with the choke and i can keep it running without the choke if i feather the throttle but it has terrible throttle response and back fires hard when coming off of a rev. i checked the valves and the intake is at .005" and the exhaust is at .004" cold. i have rebuilt the carb and cleaned all of the jets and blown out all of the passages and still the same problems. is this something that the needle can cause or is it somewhere else. sorry for the long post.

thank you

the pilot screw is at 1.25 turns out but will that be caused if something got in there and clogged it without my knowing.