Sign in to follow this  

CRF70 12" front wheel

What do I need to do this? Where is a good place to get this done? I would like to get a 12" front wheel done up to match the stock back wheel? Any help is greatly appreciated. THANKS

It looks like both front and rear wheels have the same spoke count , so .., I would get another rear rim and then a set of 12" spokes that Buchanan makes to fit the front wheel ..

I would figure that Buchanan could do all the work for a fee ??? Any good dealership can also do it too .. :thumbsup:

I believe you have to send Buchanan a clean hub and rim, in order for them to custom make the spokes for you.

It would be far more reasonable to find a 12" XR/CRF50 front wheel and adapt the brake panel stop to fit the 50 brake hub.

I believe you have to send Buchanan a clean hub and rim, in order for them to custom make the spokes for you.

Idk ..., I remember see'n somewhere .., that someone already had Buchanan make them 12"spokes for an XR70 ?

I would think that if they would have saved that info to make more down the road .., no ???

I mean .., I could be wrong ??? ... But .., My guess is ... , if they already know the dimensions and angles of stock 14" spokes .., all's they need to do is subrtact 2 " from them to make 12"ers ???? :thumbsup:

I found it .. :ride:

Order a set of spokes from Buchanan Wheel, and a Honda XR70 rear rim. That'll give you a 12" setup for your 70 using your stock front hub.
Edited by MINIME-943

I guess I would just need the rim right, and use the hub off of my stock 14" wheel. I might be interested in a whole wheel though, depends on the shape of it and price. THANKS

Ya know ..., I see that the stock OEM XR 70 stock rims are really cheap on line !!! Idk know if those are the correct prices I saw or a miss-print ???:thumbsup:

Maybe I shouldn't do this ??? ..., But here goes anyways .. :ride:

Idk how crazy you want to go with this motard'n stuff ?? But .., if the stock OEM 70 rim is a 1.4 inch rim ? I suggest getting wider rims than that for the proper tire profile to occur . That way you can use the whole tire . :lol:

But if you want ta keep it cheap ?? Go with the stock rim and call it good .. :lol:

Yeah I am not going to be racing or anything. I just think they look better with the 12" front wheel/tire. Where and how much did you see the rim/wheel at online? THANKS

not going to handle as well... lowering the front like that will change the way the bike reacts...

larger wheel up front makes it easier on the rider... Especially on kids

for what it's worth...

Looks are completely different, if that's what your going for, have at it...

not going to handle as well... lowering the front like that will change the way the bike reacts...

larger wheel up front makes it easier on the rider... Especially on kids

for what it's worth...

Looks are completely different, if that's what your going for, have at it...

+1 !!

Ya .., for the dirt .., a 12 is not as stable as a 14 . 2 inches may not seem like much .. , but once you compare both back to back . You'll understand why we say that .. :banana:

But for the street the 12 is better ..

Thanks guys, I still have not decided which would be the cheapest route to go to do this. It is just a play bike that I think would look better with a 12" front wheel/tire.