Sign in to follow this  

oil coming out of fork cap bleed screw ?

:confused:2010 xc 250- went to bleed my forks for the first time today and when i took out the bleed screw fork oil started coming out ? bike was unweighted on stand. is this normal ? :thumbsup:

yea as long as its not a large amount, mine sometimes has oil come out, if its the first time you did it you might have had excess air in there pushing the oil up

turn your fork tubes in the clamps so that the bleed is in the 12 o'clock position instead of 6:thumbsup:

turn your fork tubes in the clamps so that the bleed is in the 12 o'clock position instead of 6:thumbsup:

Leave it to 'ol Bob to figure it out!:thumbsup:

You crusty devil! Are you gonna run the Sanford race next Sunday?

-Jay

Leave it to 'ol Bob to figure it out!:thumbsup:

You crusty devil! Are you gonna run the Sanford race next Sunday?

-Jay

ya they put the hole thats under the cap 180' from the top so there is a passageway that fills with oil if its at 6 o'clock and self drains at 12 o'clock

gonna miss the 1st one,i'll be at flatrock though:thumbsup:

hmm well ive tried moving them to the 12 oclock position, and i cant bleed them. mabee its in a different handle bar position or something.

would it hurt to loose like 2cc's of oil everytime you bleed the air in the forks? :thumbsup:

mike.

Mine are at the bottom. Most that ever comes out is a little spit of oil. To lose 2ccs I'd have to bleed them a thousand times I reckon. There's really not much need to bleed the forks that often.