Protecting the 2010 gas tank.

Has anyone found a good way to protect the gas tank where your legs rub against it? At the rate I'm going it's going to be trashed quickly. I thought about clear vinyl but the gas would probably bubble it. Any ideas?

clear vinyl with slits like the aftermarket graphics kits?

clear vinyl with slits like the aftermarket graphics kits?

thats what i would do. But then again dont legs rub on any 450 tank? It seems it would take a long time to wear through a tank. Unless I am missing something.

But then again dont legs rub on any 450 tank?

It will rub thru pretty quick with knee braces on the 10 model.

Jason

oh, i have not personally seen one yet, thats interesting

The gas tank is exposed at the bottom so that you can see if it has gas. It's also very exposed to knee brace/boot wear. I wish it was tucked in a little more. I need to figure out some way to place small holes in the vinly so that it doesn't bubble.

The gas tank is exposed at the bottom so that you can see if it has gas. It's also very exposed to knee brace/boot wear. I wish it was tucked in a little more. I need to figure out some way to place small holes in the vinly so that it doesn't bubble.

Just use a hand-held hole punch or a knife and cut slits in the vinyl prior to sticking it on. Worst case scenario is it bubbles anyway and you have to peel it off.

My new shroud kit has that piece with the holes in for venting out the fuel.

who makes the shroud kit?

It will rub thru pretty quick with knee braces on the 10 model.

Jason

I don't how tall you are, but I'm only about 5'10", and my knees are too high up on the bike when I'm standing to come into much contact with that section of the tank (the tops of my boots is right about that height.)
who makes the shroud kit?

Its made by a decal company who does all my bikes Down here in Australia.I asked him specifically to include that piece for my kit and it was done. will get a pic up soon, they arrive soon.

Wasn't this tank supposed to be semi transparent so you could see the fuel level?

Maybe I've not let mine get low enough yet, but I can't see anything through it at all.