Sign in to follow this  

Carb mods but what jets??`

I am going to do the carb mods according to Daves instructions but I do not want to change my pipe at all I like quiet, and I will also buy a UNI filter. My question is what jets should I buy for it ? Also can someone point me in the direction of DESMOGGING my bike ? I have not come up with anything clear with the search

DESMOG http://4strokes.com/tech/honda/xrlsmog/

Jetting Dave's Mod calls for 55/158 if you're at sea level using stock exahust; I am sure plenty of other guys can respond about jetting according to specific altitudes & such.

Plenty of good info using FAQ sticky and the search engine on this site; also a lot of awesome guys with tons of experience on this machine!!

Cheers!

I'm at 300ft elevation and go up to 6000ft on rides, 55/158 was too lean and there was a noticeable power increase going to 55/160 I am currently running 55/165.

I am also running the stock pipe with a UNI air filter.

I can't count the number of times I've explained how to adjust the carb. Without changing the pipe, you shouldn't need to go up more than one size on each jet. The little change will make a big difference, especially in starting.