Sign in to follow this  

07 150f runs with choke, not without

when i start it up with choke on, it idles good but when i take off the choke, it dies immediatly. The bike sat for about 9 months and had some gas in it. Just a carb cleaning or something worse?

If it ran good before it sat then get rid of the old gas. You will need to pull the carb and clean it up and pay special attn to the pilot jet (it's probably plugged).

Sounds like a simple carb cleaning. I doubt there is any major damage.

so i ended up taking this out and checking everything and cleaning the carb jets. It was idling better but not perfect and also stuttering at higher revs. took it back apart and went to clean the fuel screw (or what seems to be a fuel screw) and this is what i see

utzll.jpg

This isnt a hex head, allan bolt, phillips or straight. It looks like a D shaped thing. Now on Bike bandit, it shows it as a 'screw set' but also has the spring and washer that you typically see accompanying a fuel screw.

What in the heck do i use to get this out?

It is your fuel screw. Why they shaped it like that??? Probably to stop any adjustments. You can buy a "D shaped" socket for around 2 to 3 dollars. Try to spin it out with a small screwdriver. I couldn't get it to move. Good luck.

could this be the reason for my studdering if its dirty in the actual hole?