Sign in to follow this  

My new 2002 KDX220

Ordered up some new plastic, air filter and two new levers and she will be ready to go.:thumbsup: As I mentioned in another thread I bought this bike last week and it came with a 2001 KDX220 with a blown piston.

I finally took a look at the engine tonight. The head looks good. The cylinder needs a resleeve. The crank looks good. The cases have a crack in the bottom, though looks to be fixable. Everything else is good. Forks, shocks, frame ect. The stock pipe has a dent. Obviously it would need new seals, gaskets and bearings. I doubt I will have the time or ambition to rebuild it so I think its best to part it out or sell the whole think as a parts bike. I'm sure someone with some time and a few bucks could bring this thing back to life and have a decent bike fairly cheap. I don't even know what to ask for it but I'd rather sell the whole thing than mess around one piece at a time. I bet it only needs 5 or 6 hundred in parts. I will probably list it in the classified section and on kijiji.

If the crank is good, I'll take it. Are you in Edmontonchuck? I'm going up weekend after next, I can pick it up if you want to sell it.