Sign in to follow this  

Idaho Danskins / Black's Creek??

Does anyone know when the Danskin Mountain / Black's Creek Trails are going to open for the season?? I know the TVTMA is doing trail Maintence on April 10. With all this great weather I hope they open a little sooner than last year. :thumbsup::banana:

a couple years ago they opened early when the snowpack was light. The mtn home ranger district is pretty good about checking out the actual conditions when setting the opening date. You might just give them a call and see if they have any idea yet.

Normally, Blacks Creek/Danskins opens on April 10, but as Velo said, they don't stick to hard dates, and adjust opening to actual conditions. We have had a fairly mild winter this year, so snow levels are a little higher this year than most, so they may open earlier by a week or two. There is a very good map of the Danskins available on the Boise NF website, much better than the worthless MVUM maps that most areas use:

http://fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5026618.pdf

Idaho City is still pretty limited at the end of April most years, and some higher elevation trails don't melt out until close to the end of May. Plus any stream crossings can be too high for safe navigation.

Riders- Fyi TVTMA will be out there on April 17th this year. Get there early and sign up for the free pulaski lesson being offered.

Saturday is when the work day is going to be, where work is coordinated with the FS.

I'm sure there will be folks camping, working Saturday and then playing on Sunday.