Sign in to follow this  

Curious about these different Tech 10 boots

So I wanted to see if anyone with an expert knowledge of Alpinestar equipment could answer a question. This is just out of curiosity but I have some 2009 Tech 10 boots that I love and I know last year they changed the sole and buckle straps to be white (just a way to tell they are the newer boots). I saw some of the pros with the newer boots but there were a few things different about them. The first thing I noticed was 3 holes in the toes. Also the sides had black all the way down to the sole.

Well I just got some new Tech 10s from an inside source and the boots looked like these boots I saw some of the guys wearing. I have never seen them in stores or catalogues. They seem to have vents in the toes and in the rear side as well as extra panels sewn on the inside of the boot. Here are photos of each boot next to each other. Can anyone tell me why these boots are this way? I am not complaining, just curious.

IMG_3088.jpg?t=1267669448

IMG_3089.jpg?t=1267669482

IMG_3090.jpg?t=1267669525

Where they are built up with that extra black part, is where the crappy boot plastic keeps wreckin' on all my pairs. I have new ones, but from what you are sayin' they are not 2010, but 2009 instead. I don't mind too much. I also wear the top of the instep from upshifting, it isn't beefy enough. But other than that I love em.:thumbsup:

Where they are built up with that extra black part, is where the crappy boot plastic keeps wreckin' on all my pairs. I have new ones, but from what you are sayin' they are not 2010, but 2009 instead. I don't mind too much. I also wear the top of the instep from upshifting, it isn't beefy enough. But other than that I love em.:thumbsup:

Well the 2009 and 2010 look the same in the store but these still look different. I was going through some of my magazines and I saw a few photos of some of the racers that had the holes in the toe and the vents on the side but I have never seen them this way in a store.

So I contacted the rep I got these from and they told me that these are 2010 Pro Models. Not bad since I got them from $399.

:thumbsup: Ok cool, so where can we get them or aren't they for the general public?:ride:

I guess they are not available to the public unless you find someone who works in the industry who is willing to sell them.

Are you one of them? :thumbsup:

I wish. What size boot are you looking for. My contact sells their stuff often. I got a size 9 but I know they have had size 10 also.

I do wear 9's or 8's don't remember. Unfortunately I just got some, but this summer i'll probably need another pair.

I wish. What size boot are you looking for. My contact sells their stuff often. I got a size 9 but I know they have had size 10 also.

Get me some PC hard parts for my kxf from your sources!!!! lol East coast doesn't have shit!