Sign in to follow this  

98 kx 250 Flywheel ? *** ?

okay to start out my buddy has a 1998 kx250. well we are all putting lighting stators on are bikes so we can do some night riding. but here is the PROBLEM ?:thumbsup:

we cant get his flywheel nut off and i mean it wont come off? Here is what we have tried?

impact gun

heating bolt up with a torch

we even put a breaker bar threw the rear sprocket and put the bike into gear and jammed it up with the swing arm

there are 3 of us and we are :ride::lol: and dont know what to do now beside maybe cutting off the bolt ?

What would cause this bolt to not move ?

On my Rm the bolt comes off pretty easy

a flywheel puller? there 10 bucks... goes on pretty nice

there was a lil lock on outside of nut on my 125 i think..

im sure someone will have a better idea just give it time :ride::thumbsup:

I would heat it up and let it cool a couple times, a previous owner may have put some red loctite on there, and if you do not have a flywheel holder tool it is a good investment, I know when I broke the nut free on my 97 I had to use a long bar on the nut with alot of pressure. Also like was said ^ get a flywheel puller for once you get that nut off, I never would have pulled my flywheel without it.

A GOOD impact wrench would have no problem taking that nut off. It's regular threads, NOT left handed. You can use a breaker bar and a socket, just have someone hold the rear brake.

You'll need a flywheel puller to remove the flywheel.

i have a flywheel puller and a flywheel holder so they are both not work cause that nut will not come off dont know what else to try?