Sign in to follow this  

4 stroke or 2 stroke

hey i have a 2006 crf250x and I have heard that 2 strokes are overall better. I only ride trails and was wondering about the kdx200. Does anyone know if somthing like a kdx would be better than a 4 stroke like the x. Thanks

i dont know alot about bikes but i stay stick wit a 4 stroke. 2 strokes are alot of work and are not aloud to be ridden in some places

idk which is better for the woods and i just got rid of my 2 stroke and i will never go back...... lov the powerband but just lik 4 strokes overall better

Not sure on some of the 2-strokes. But a buddy of mine had a KDX200 and it was a real good trail bike. However your x model bike probly is a great woods trail bike also. If what you got is in good shape stick with it.

i had a kdx for many years, have owned many bikes but for just tooling around in the woods my kdx is still one of my favorites. i hope to get another one some day. :thumbsup:

the x is a great bike too, find a kdx and try it out for yourself, only you can tell you what bike is better for you and your riding style

It depends more on the rider than the bike, certain riders styles fit 2 strokes better like myself others like 4 strokes better. Id say the best thing you can do is go and get a ride on one if you can.

I would say try to find someone with a KTM 200 or 300 2-stroke. Test ride it, and never look back at the 4's.

do some reserch on offroad riding and racing and see what the top guys are riding. mostly 2 strokes. cheaper to maintain, lighter, and more power per cc's.

4 strokes overheat easier on trails and are just more bulky in my opinion.

I would say try to find someone with a KTM 200 or 300 2-stroke. Test ride it, and never look back at the 4's.

While that would be better than nothing thats a pretty narrow scope of 2 stroke motors available. I would say try those, also try some of the MX bikes. Those motors dont even compare to the 125 and 250MX machines. My trail and MX bike is my YZ250 the power band is aggressive and tons of fun while riding. For wide open racing in the desert I ride the CRFX model bikes I used to race a CRF250X and now run a 450X

you gotta try it.

on a site like this it just causees opinions to flare.

i've rode both.

i have a 250 2t and my buddy has a wr250F 4t

(close to the crf250X) and i like the feel of a 4t better,

but i chose 2t because its more convenient for what i do,

and because i want to be flexible and good on both.

it's personal preferance X29875456.

try them back to back for a good hour.

dont take a trail and say i hate it.

Good luck choosing

While that would be better than nothing thats a pretty narrow scope of 2 stroke motors available. I would say try those, also try some of the MX bikes. Those motors dont even compare to the 125 and 250MX machines. My trail and MX bike is my YZ250 the power band is aggressive and tons of fun while riding. For wide open racing in the desert I ride the CRFX model bikes I used to race a CRF250X and now run a 450X

Agreed, but I was focusing on current production, trail oriented stuff. It breaks my heart that the Japanese are no longer investing in the 2's.

i dont know alot about bikes but i stay stick wit a 4 stroke. 2 strokes are alot of work and are not aloud to be ridden in some places

WOW, some truly bad and incorrect information.

Do some searching and reading, you'll find a fairly large backlash against fourstrokes, mainly because of costly up keep, weight and boring power delivery.

The only state with ANY regulations against twostrokes is California and your not typing in spanish so I'm assuming you don't live there. :thumbsup: