Sign in to follow this  

XR400 DG skid plates

DG Performance is still making them or at least they still have a few at their location in Anaheim. Thats the good news, the bad news is they are firm on their price of $109.95 plus tax in CA(may be a penny or two off). That price is not what companies with resale liciences pay. When I told them people were having a hard time finding them they didn't seem to care. I think they are so into Quads now they have forgotten where they came from. I asked for names of resalers to purchase them and he was to busy to look them up (sure didn't seem to busy to me). He said he would Email them to me but it hasn't come yet? (Its been over a week) It was so disapointing going all the way down there, letting them know that people want their products and they could care less. Bottom line is I had Cycle Gear order me one from them and I saved about $15.00 (I get a little discount from them and a lot more courtesy). DG said they only had them for the 400 not the 250 and I dont think they had very many left. hope that helps

OOOOH!

I just called CG, and am awaiting a call back (for availability of a skid).

... I've already bought an alum. guard from Baja Designs (which is similar to all the others - Moose..etc) and would prefer the DG due to it's oil filter bolt protection.

Thanks SMUSTANG!!! :thumbsup: I sure hope the sales dude can find me one!!!

... by chance, a part number would be most helpful. :ride:

OOOOH!

... I've already bought an alum. guard from Baja Designs (which is similar to all the others - Moose..etc) and would prefer the DG due to it's oil filter bolt protection.

This is the part # for the XR400 MIS-61-2225

OOOOH!

Only Skid they have left fits up to '99

This is the part # for the XR400 MIS-61-2225

I'm assuming, the "up to '99" won't fit a 2004?

The part number DG has on the plate I just put on my 03 XR400 is 61-2225. On the package is says 96-99 XR400 Baja Skid Plate. I fits my perfectly

This is not uncommon, 99 was probably the last year DG made the plates. They've probably been sitting on various shelves for the last 10 or 11 years. It's what's called NOS, new old stock. I have not heard of any frame changes between 99 and the newer bikes. Other current manufacturers list their products as fitting 96-04 so I'm gonna say it will fit any year.

The part number DG has on the plate I just put on my 03 XR400 is 61-2225. On the package is says 96-99 XR400 Baja Skid Plate. I fits my perfectly

Perfect, thank you!

I'll be dropping by my local CG to order one up!! :thumbsup:

You might want to call the online store and have DG s phone number to give to them. Seemed to help when I ordered mine.

This is not uncommon, 99 was probably the last year DG made the plates. They've probably been sitting on various shelves for the last 10 or 11 years. It's what's called NOS, new old stock. I have not heard of any frame changes between 99 and the newer bikes. Other current manufacturers list their products as fitting 96-04 so I'm gonna say it will fit any year.

+1 I see this all the time with XR stuff, especially on eBay and CL where they are selling NOS stuff. There aren't many parts that will not cross over between the 96-04 XR400R.