Antigravity Batteries Product Giveaways - ENTER NOW! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Who has a 2005 to 2007 yz250f? How reliable are they for you?

Hay guys im still looking for a bike and im sorry bout all the questions but spring is on the way an i got to get all the info i can.

But i doubt i can get a brand new bike but used. But used arent that bad.

But thing is are the 2005 to 2007 yz250fs just as reliable as the newer ones? I am recently coming off a ttr125, and i had it for about 6 months. And then i grew ou of it. but about 4 years ago i rode a crf70 for like 2 1/2 years does that count?

But hows are these years of yz250fs reliable? I dont really want a 2 stroke because i just wouldnt like that hit whenever im in the woods. Also do you have to adjust the valves a lot on these years? Because i want a reliabe bike, and my buddy has an 08 and NEVER has a problem yet annd he rides the rev limiter an awful lot!!

I will e riding like tight woods, tracks, well to make a long stroy short i pretty much like to ride everything. I just want a reliable bike thats gona treat me well, but i do know that i have to check the valves and clean oil and the air filter.

But who has problems?? Any good things about these years? Also on these bikes do you have to do a top end a lot?

Im not gona be riding the rev limiter. I heard these bikes if treated well, will last a good long time.

thanks so much guys!

God Bless!!!

For the hundredth time, yes, the 2005 engine is almost identical to the 2010 engine. The reliability has not changed. Please read the previous threads you made asking this before making a new one with the same questions.

Hey i forgot to ask you, if you were gona buy a used MX bike, what would you ask the guy? Like if it was maintained?

well do you really think if he or she is trying to sell a bike that they are going to say anything that would change ur mind in the price or even buying the bike?? i think you need to find someone who knows what to look for to tag along with you.

For the hundredth time, yes, the 2005 engine is almost identical to the 2010 engine. The reliability has not changed. Please read the previous threads you made asking this before making a new one with the same questions.

here is your answer...please stop asking the same question lol

haha wow..hmm well why dont you ask someone who has owned a 2010 for 5+ years to find out how much better the new bikes are..wow.

Get an 06 or up if you can because they have the nice aluminum frames which are lighter and will give you a better resale value for looking newer

I was told 06 had valve's recalled and that some after recall had exhaust valve problem.

yea well you can look at it two ways....l was happy there was a recall because i got brand new valves.....all you have to do is check the vin (been posted a billion times) number and i believe the 3erd number should be marked...otherwise you get new valves! i have an 06 and never heard of the exhaust probs

I have a 06 yz250f and well i got it in may of 06. Got the valves fixed that year for the recall and it has about 150+hours on it to date and no problems. Changed my oil regularly, clean air filter regularly, and had to have my valves shimmed this year for the first time. So yeah the yz250f will be as reliable as you want it to be if ya do the regular maintence stuff. :banana:

The valves haven't changed from '01-up. The issue in '06 was a problem that occurred during manufacturing of the middle intake valve on a batch of valves, it was not a design problem of any sort. The flawed valves would break within minutes of first being started. Not all '06's were affected and Yamaha narrowed down the VIN range of affected bikes, but gave everyone free valves to add piece of mind to the owners. If you find an '06 today and it has not had the valves replaced, it definitely did not have a bad valve, as it would have broken years ago.

• Like 1

If you check into the history of the YZF250, the biggest stand out aspect of the bike is the durability. For a performance four stroke, they dont make them more reliable than the YZF's.

• Like 1

There was a recall on the valves in 06, handling had some issues which can be offset with triple clamps, the radiator lowering kit helps, also quickshot and pipe will help . I have the 06 and it has great low end hit but revs out quick and I will get pulled by most hondas, kawis and even newer suzuks.

I love the yz250f though, reliability in the valves have always been a trademark for yammis. Once you replace needed parts, its a great bike.

Did you have to adjust the valves a lot? Should i really be worried about the valves? I will be trail riding a lot and then i will go to some tracks and race a round, but i wont ride the rev limiter , and i wont beat the bike. How do you clean the oil filter? Do you just wash it with soap and water?

Did you have to adjust the valves a lot? Should i really be worried about the valves? I will be trail riding a lot and then i will go to some tracks and race a round, but i wont ride the rev limiter , and i wont beat the bike. How do you clean the oil filter? Do you just wash it with soap and water?

No valve issues. Oxyclean an hot H2O.

:banana:

That was for the air filter. Paper oil filters go in the garbage when done.

Edited by shrubitup
correction