Noise in fork tubes

My son rides a 07 450 RMZ. Recently after a couple of laps around the Gatorback track he noticed a noise coming from his forks. With the bike at rest you can push down hard on the bars and compress the forks. When they rebound there is a clank noise when they reach the top of the stroke. Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks.

Mark C

Pull the forks off the bike and compress each fork. If it wants to rebound very quickly like there is no rebound at all it could possibly be a blown inner cartridge seal for the rebound rod. Adjust rebound fully closed or in all the way and try again and see if it acts the same.

Hey Doug thanks for the advice. We should have looked you up at the track but I was busy getting ready for my race.

Cody's bike is working good. He is currently third in points which is great for his first season. He has to move up to the Sunday afternoon race next season. I would like to see him race 200C but he wants a 250 4 stroke. He has grown so much (what 16 year olds do) that he is dwarfing the Kawasaki 125. We will see how his grades do and what this summer brings. We all want to keep racing some sort of series over the summer but not sure what is available to race during the FTR off season.

I may have Sean bring the bike up to you if we can't figure it out.

By the way we bought the bike used and it seemed to have low hours and real nice condition. Sean has not been able to ride it a lot due to a shoulder injury.

Thanks again for your help.

Mark Master 67B

Sean Open 93C

Cody Junior 215C