Sign in to follow this  

Most physicaly demanding sport

If you had to make a list of the top ten most physicaly demanding sports where would you put motocross. and remember to incorperate breaks like in football or basketball. thanks, ben

I read an interview with Guy Cooper, where he used a heart rate monitor, took the data back to a doctor, and the doctor said it was impossible that he kept his heartrate at 190-200 bpm for a 30 minute moto.

Behind the Tour de France, MX is the most physically demanding sport at the pro level.

Have you ever heard of something called the Tour de France?

"Most demanding" to my thinking is bicycling, and the derivatives of that sport. Triathletes, for example.

They are providing their own locomotion.

PS - via edit. I notice that spinwerx was posting while I was typing. Great minds ... yada yada.

there was a study done that some guy linked in a thread with this same question, soccer was number one, something else was second and mx was third. Only remember 1 and 3 cause im an avid participator of both

1. Wrestling - REAL wrestling

2. Football

3. HARD Moto (not ***** riding)

4. Cycling

They're all physically demanding but all in a different way. If any asshatts put up Baseball their dead wrong. Baseball is the lazy ass sport of America.

i disagree with football and wrestling because it is a short burst and then your done whereas cycling and motocross are constant energy for longer

Heard MX for years, but that was back when twin shock bikes and real terrain mx tracks were the norm. Now everything is much more comfy, groomed and specialized.

Of all the athletics pursuits the one I can think of that takes the most away from the riders overall health and well being at the end of the race has to be the tour de france, bicycle race. Those guys destroy their bodys and take months to recover just to win.

i disagree with football and wrestling because it is a short burst and then your done whereas cycling and motocross are constant energy for longer

Ever wrestled not really a short burst deal. Football is a short burst deal but when the 4th quarter comes around in a tight game it gets rough. Football is also very rough on the body physically.

I've done them all by the way..........

1. Wrestling - REAL wrestling

2. Football

3. HARD Moto (not ***** riding)

4. Cycling

They're all physically demanding but all in a different way. If any asshatts put up Baseball their dead wrong. Baseball is the lazy ass sport of America.

wow Im sure football is about the least demanding, you do realize they only move for a total of 19 minutes a game. Take half of that for offensinse and deffence and one player is going all out for about 9 minutes over a 2.5 hour spand

I have 12 years into road bicycle racing and there is a good reason why most of the top moto racers use the bicycle for fitness training.

1. Cycling

2. Soccer

3. MX

Never done it but I'd prolly guess cross country sking.

i too have done both. in football you get a rest every time u turn the ball over and in an average wrestling tournament you only have 3 matches.

wow Im sure football is about the least demanding, you do realize they only move for a total of 19 minutes a game. Take half of that for offensinse and deffence and one player is going all out for about 9 minutes over a 2.5 hour spand

Have you played?????????

Shut up..... Wrestling is so hard,Even at the high school level you have three hour long practices, you are hungry, dried out and working your hardest. A couple of nine minute regulation college matches can drain a college athlete for the remainder of the day. This is a very very tough sport.

Other hard ones, in no particular order

distance swimming

cycling

some soccer positions

boxing (real)

UFC style fighting...(morons, but ...)

Have you played?????????

for years upon years. But face it there is no way its the most physical demanding sport, or even in the top 5

i too have done both. in football you get a rest every time u turn the ball over and in an average wrestling tournament you only have 3 matches.

Oh, did you participate in junior high? It was so hard back then.... When coach let all you fat kids take breaks when you were tired.....

I am talking wrestling, not football...

Shut up..... Wrestling is so hard,Even at the high school level you have three hour long practices, you are hungry, dried out and working your hardest. A couple of nine minute regulation college matches can drain a college athlete for the remainder of the day. This is a very very tough sport.

Other hard ones, in no particular order

distance swimming

cycling

some soccer positions

boxing (real)

UFC style fighting...(morons, but ...)

+1 on wrestling starving yourself to make weight and doing all that running at practice ect. kills your strength. and I forgot about swimming.......

have 12 years into road bicycle racing and there is a good reason why most of the top moto racers use the bicycle for fitness training.

1. Cycling

2. Soccer

3. MX

I have never raced MX, but after hour upon hour of brisk woods riding, I can hardly stand up....