Sign in to follow this  

stock 06 250f air filter

I have a uni airfilter in my 06 250f...the problem is that even with the stock air filter, the hole from the air filter and the hole from that lil plastic screen thing lol never line up perfectly so i have to put the screw in the air filter and kinda move it up/down/left/right to get it to fit into the plastic pieace... which then makes the hole in the airfilter bigger than the screw after doing it over and over...should i just get rid of that dumb stock screen or am i doing somthing wrong??? (i know how to line up the air filter so i know thats not the case fyi)

You got pics? I dont understand what your saying. The stock filter frame goes on easy as pie even with the aftermarket air filter. Are you refering to the metal screen in the filter frame?

when i put the air filter over that plastic pieace the holes dont line up...i know im putting the filter on the plastic pieace the right way too

grab underneath the filter screen where the guide for the bolt is and put your other hand on top the filter (already on the screen) and hold it still while you manuever the hole of the screen to line up with the filter. Its really hard to explain but put the filter on and hold both elements then you can slide the screen to line up with the filter.