Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust question. '06

Hey guys, I'm looking at buying this bike in the soon future, but i have a question. I noticed when i saw this bike that the exhaust doesn't look factory. It seems alot more sleek and after-market like. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=389&ssid=9759308#2

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=389&ssid=9759308#5

I hope it was alright to post here, i didn't know anyone better to ask but the owners :thumbsup:

Looks like a silencer off a 450R with an aftermarket spark arrester. The headpipe looks stock.

To me it looks more like a stock pipe although it is different from the 06 x stock pipe. I have a pro circuit in my X and an FMF in another diff bike and a stock in a CR80. It most resembles the stock in my CR. I guess I cant help you much. Bottom line is that it does not exactly match an 06 stock pipe, but it does not look like a great one to me.

My first thought seeing it was a Dr.D exhaust but I don't even know if that brand exists anymore and i would think it would be badged on the side.

To clarify, I'm 99% sure its a silencer off a 450R with a Pro Moto Billet endcap spark arrester. The headpipe looks stock.

Good to know. Thanks for the info. I'm considering going to look at it soon but it's a 2 hour drive away. Does it look pretty clean to you? He's asking $3800 but i could probably talk him down to $3500 at least.

Looks in pretty good shape for an 06...especially if those are the original plastics. Based on the plastics, clutch cover, and stock rear sprocket I don't think that bike has many hours on it.

As far as price, I don't know the market in Utah. $3,800 is not a bad price.

I would say that is a pretty good price if the hours are low but I would for sure try to talk it down a bit. When I bought mine it was 5k but it had thousands in mods already on it and to me it was a good deal.

its a old style R muffler(its most likely a early 05 which had the same end design as the 02 to 04,,,,i have that same design on my 02 450R) with a Pro Moto Billet endcap (also the old style) , make sure it has the Spark Arrestor with it(they are removable) and if it does not have it with it , it will cost you around $15 to get a new Arrestor insert

Certainly looks like a clean machine!

Why is it that some people immediately modify the exhaust? I assume this combination is louder than stock. Wonder if its even been rejetted.

Sorry just my anti-noise side speaking up.

Certainly looks like a clean machine!

Why is it that some people immediately modify the exhaust? I assume this combination is louder than stock. Wonder if its even been rejetted.

Sorry just my anti-noise side speaking up.

The 450X is notoriously lean from the factory , and the exhaust is pretty clogged up(if you look inside the baffle reduces down to half the size the inside should be for proper flow) , when re-jetting and either modifying or replacing the stock exhaust (even with a stock R exhaust) makes the motor breath and work more the way the motor was designed , not the way the EPA restricted it down , all you gain is the HP and torque that was always there , just blocked by emission standards