Antigravity Batteries Product Giveaways - LAST NIGHT TO ENTER! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

trials to trail new engine problems hard sterting runs rough

I like to ride my trials bike on the tight trails, but wanted to find an alternative bike to what I call trials cross a bike that can do a little bit of the both. I saw the sikk mx trail bike that was on ad from the local craigslist went and rode it had some some starting issuses but over all wasn't to bad for 125. further looking fund two that didn't run pick them up electrial I think. Striped the bikes down and pick up all the new quility parts I could find for them. Bought two new engines z155 with tb 2v roller rocker head plus porting and Lifan 150 with race cam they told me these engines would be tight trail ring in the mountian both of them miss fire when the terrian is rough and I can't get the carbs ajusted the allways are black shooty which my book says mixture screw is set to rich. It has no effect were that screw is set or what jets I use and have put 3 different carbs on the bike. They are hard to start, load up, back fire, hard to idle, but sometime they seem to wake up for a moment and it's rough running again. I think if I can get them to work right they'll be a good now and then alternate to the trails bike they slide and jump ok and I think they can do some of the technical trials as well. looking for positive imput on whats wrong. I think electrial but both of them? Thanks:banghead:

Id like to start with checking valve gaps. Then look for any shorts in the wiring. Maybe bad coils. and lastly, is the inlet pipe crack free, so that there is no leaks.. But running rich, Im sure some1 else could point out something, but check (which you prolly did) the intake filter(s) limited airflow could effect fuel usage... This is just a bunch of noob pointers Im sure, but just trying to point out something you might not have checked yet...