Sign in to follow this  

02 Crf450r jetting?

Hello everyone, I recently bought a 02 crf450r and do most of my riding in the hills of Kamloops B.C. I took it for a rip last weekend and think it may been running rich. I have not pulled the carb apart yet to see what the jetting is. Thought I would put out a post to see how guys are setting there's up and go from there. Any positive feedback would be appreciated. Thanks:ride:

IMG_2239.jpg

Its going to depend on what mods have been done to it?? But I would say that a 165/170 main jet and the stock 42 pilot with an adjustable fuel screw would be a good start. You need to find out if it has a stock needle and stock Jetting etc. Or try adjusting the fuel screw and see if it makes any diff? I ride in the Lower Fraser Valley on a stock exhuast bike. It had a Jd Jet kit in it when I got it and was a little rich just off idle as well. It has a 175main and 42 pilot and I put in an adj fuel screw. For down here, at least In the Local Mnts I had to drop the needle down and adjust the fuel screw a little. Runs great now. Pulls right down to idle in the tight trails etc. Find out what it has in it and we can be more help though. Just my 2c's hope this helps?? Nice bike!

Ok thanks for the help, I will pull it apart tonight and post what I have.Thanks