Sign in to follow this  

kenda parker dt

anyone tried this tire on the front of an x.

thought of trying one in a 90/100-21.

site says it`s a DOT tire and looks like it would stick pretty good.

I'm looking for some replacement tires now, and have been looking at the Kenda brand again. I have the K270 series now for DS use, and have had good results with them. They are about a 50/50 tire (50% on road, 50% off road).

The Parker DT seems to be getting good reviews by guys. They seem to be harder, and are D.O.T. approved.

k774f.jpg

The only problem that I could read about was that there are nipples on the bead ring that will cause air leaks with bead lock rims, but these can be cut off with a utility knife. I'm not sure, but I think there is also a Parker DT for ATV's as well, so the reviews that I just read about could be for ATV's.

I've used Kenda Budds Creek before and thought that they were just OK for the front, but wore out waaaay too fast in the rear doing mostly rock/sand riding. Maybe the Triples would be a better bet for the type of rock riding I do.

My owner's manual calls for a 90/90-21M/C 54R in the front and a 140/80-18M/C 70R for the rear. The TT store has 90/100-21's for $82.75 and 120/100-18's for $118.39.

I found this chart on the Kenda website worth looking into.

Edited by Blue Hawaii

just ordered a set today from chaparral racing. great price & free shipping.

cant wait to try them out.

will give ride repot as soon as i can.

tried the parker dt front tire today on a 40mi. loop.

mostly hardpack single track.

wow, what a diff. the tire hooks well and the bike goes where you point it.

little to no wear.

i give this tire a A+.

SO FAR THE BEST TIRE I HAVE TRIED ON THE 450X

seen some good reports on the D37 forum for both front and rear. Will try them next. Saw somewhere that XTRM.com sells them for 80.00 per set. Sounds like a killer deal to me. What did you pay at Chaparral?

At 80.00 a set (thats HALF of what a set of my current tires cost) I am ready to give them a try, lots of good reviews so far.

seen some good reports on the D37 forum for both front and rear. Will try them next. Saw somewhere that XTRM.com sells them for 80.00 per set. Sounds like a killer deal to me. What did you pay at Chaparral?

accually chaparral was b/o on the front tire so i cancelled and went through XTRM. you need to sign up and search the site for discounts.

great deal!!