Sign in to follow this  

Washington Wash. Woods Riders help me choose a bike

Got an 05 YZ 250. Ride the woods, race hare scrambles, sometimes ride moto. I am 210 lbs. Question is 09 YZ250f or 09 YZ450f?

I would stick with the one you have but if you must go for the the 450 you weigh too much for a 250f IMO.

Keep the YZ and spend some money on it to make it feel new again..

x2. those are great bikes. That is what i did with my xr, i have updated the suspension and have made some power improvements. I don't have any where near the money into that i would have to spend if i got a new bike.

From the bikes you listed, since you ride woods,scrambles, and MX....like many have said your 2 stroke YZ is best ( again based on the limited list you threw out there).

Joe

Rekluse Z-Start Pro make YZs GO! :lol:

What that means is that a YZ250 is a good woods bike. Even better once the auto clutch comes. I've got a four stroke itch though lately too. :ride:

Nah, that "itch" is something else. Probably just a yeast infection.:thumbsup:

Keep your YZ 250. I think you'll be disappointed in the others. Just my humble opinion. If you must have a Yami 4T, I say WR 450...get ready for some added weight, though.

I love my 06 YZ450, but IMO my old 00 426 was a better woods bike. The 450 is just to fickle and picky about setup. I'm not sure the 07-09 would be much different. And with the way the market is right now, you won't get much for your YZ (if you plan on selling it). I say keep it and mod it!

Why not get a real wood bike thats very light with an E-start 08-10 KTM 300. Its a no brainer.