Sign in to follow this  

Ignition cover update

Just updating what I found with the ignition covers and their differences. I ordered an ignition cover for my 08 Crf450r, but I ordered one for an 03. It was only $99 bucks for the 03 compared to $166 bucks for the 08. The 03 ignition cover will in fact work on 02-08 Crf450s:banana:. So all 02-08 ignition covers are interchabgeable. The differences are that the 02-03 are aluminum and the 04-08 are magnesium. I don't have a scale to see what the weight differences are but I can tell by just holding them in my hands that the aluminum one has to be at least a few ounces heavier than the magnesium. So if a few ounces won't hurt your feelings and you need to order an ignition cover, the aluminum 02-03 ignition covers will save you $66 bucks. Hope this helps some one. :thumbsup:

good find for someone that wants new, but I just buy them used on ebay and save another $30 to $40 and have magnesium (usually under $70). I have an extra one for an 06 somewhere in my garage.

good find for someone that wants new, but I just buy them used on ebay and save another $30 to $40 and have magnesium (usually under $70). I have an extra one for an 06 somewhere in my garage.

Ya I looked for one on ebay but couldn't find any used magnesium ones for sale and I couldn't wait, so I went with the cheapest and fastest method. I wish you would have read one of my previous posts when I was looking for one:banghead:. I would have made you an offer on your spare. Shouda woulda coulda. :thumbsup: