Sign in to follow this  

250F or 450?

Just sold my 03 CR250 and am looking to go 4-stroke this time around. I am 15 years old, weigh around 160, and am 6 ft. I handled the CR250 fairly well. I am looking for a bike that will do good in the snow with my Explorer kit, do good in the dunes, and that I will be able to handle good on a track. I am leaning toward the 250F, as I like the fact that they are light weight. I am not too sure however as I don't think it will do too well in the winter. I guess my main question is: how well will a CRF250R do in the winter with a Ad Boivin Explorer kit on it?

Devin

go with the 450 you will allways be over revin the 250 in winter while spinning tires ... power in the 450 will get you threw alot more snow than a 250

hahahahahahahahahaha, i have never seen that in my life, looks so cool and fun, how is it to ride. hahahahahahahahahahahaha

I would get the 450. You are going to put too much wear on a 250 in the sand. You are going to gain a few pounds in heft and feel on a 450 but it will suit your needs better. BTW, that kit looks like so much fun!

Wont have tires on in the winter, but a track and ski.

AD-Boivin-Explorer-i001.jpg

Isn't it cheaper to just buy a used snowmobile? lol but hey if you have the money more power to ya. That looks like a great time!