Sign in to follow this  

Changing seat cover and what to do about the bolt

Just wondering how to get that bolt off of the seat so I can change the cover? Do you have to get the washer off somehow? seems like the bolt/fastener is 1 solid piece.....

thanks

the "washer" is it still plastic.., yes..?

on the older huskies I've had,

I've carefully prised the washer over the small lip on the dzus fastener ..,

to refit you can squeeze the washer back on with a DEEP socket over the DZUS and a clamp pushing the head of the dzus and the head of the socket together.

good luck,

Charlie

to me its worth the 35.00 40.00 to have a pro do the job, it will look much better, no wrinkles, and youll have all your hair when done lol

thanks varesecrazy! My washer is actually metal, but I'm sure the same rules apply, thanks

I changed the seat cover on my TE a few years back. The washer should just pull off but you have to muscle it a bit. Pull straight so you don't bend the washer. After you place the new cover on, you should be able to just pop the bolt right back through it. This too takes a little force.

Actually not that bad of a job to do I made a seat cover and installed it and it came out good so I think if you buy one actually madeto fit the bike should be a snap that back fastener is no problem.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=83748