Sign in to follow this  

MAYDAY MAYDAY How do I change powervalve cable?

Hey, anybody know how to remove and install the front powervalve cable? I got a 2002 cr250.

Take the cover off the RC valve and the plastic one off the servo motor (the cover thats over the top of the cables). Then using two wrenches release the tension from the cables. Unscrew the nut holding the wing that hold the cable ends in and remove the cables. They should just slide right out of the wheel up top. Replace the cables with new ones and tighten them properly. This can be a little tricky figuring out the right tightness. I've done it once and the service manual is pretty vague about the tension. After you've got it back together keep the RC cover on and while it's on the stand rev the bike up and make sure the cables are opening the valve and closing it all the way. I like to keep mine pretty tight which will wear them out faster but it makes sure the valve is always opening and closing to it's fullest.

yeah, it was pretty easy. I posted this up before I looked at once I realized I didnt have my manual incase I couldnt figure it out, I would hope that someone would reply already.

but it wasnt bad at all.

thank you for your replies. I got it pretty, I was checking them to make sure they werent loose and found out the threaded part was broken. I can ride now, hell yeah.

the only problem I am having is getting that damn bronze coller thing at the base of the spring on the front cable, I cant get it to sit in the little grip/holder thing.