2010 450 handle bar risers

Has any of you guys found a pair of riser's for the 2010.

I'm looking for some that are adjustable. Example(10mm,15,20,25).

I dont know about just buying a pair that is set at one height like 5mm,cause i dont think 5mm would be much of a rise to tell much.

I would like a set of riser's that you could adjust the height so you could pick what would be the most comfortable.

I wonder if the bots on these will fit the holes on the 2010 model 450f. i would like to have these.

http://pitposse.com/ourabiunbarr.html

you can always return them if they don't.

fwiw. i have them on my '93 kdx 250, '98 xr400, and they're going on my '08 husky wr 250. they all use the same size and pitch of screw it's just the length that varies. they come with 3 sets of screws of varying length so you have the right length for which ever setup you decide to use.

• 2 weeks later...

I just called Pitt-posse and asked them about this adapter and the bolts that go through the upper handle bar holder and they are a size M8x1.25 same as the 2010 YZ450's.

So this one will work and i just ordered a set.

Also if anyone is interested in a holeshot device the one they have from an 08 will work. They are getting a new part # fixed up for the 2010

I just called Pitt-posse and asked them about this adapter and the bolts that go through the upper handle bar holder and they are a size M8x1.25 same as the 2010 YZ450's.

So this one will work and i just ordered a set.

Also if anyone is interested in a holeshot device the one they have from an 08 will work. They are getting a new part # fixed up for the 2010

I just got through putting my handle bar raisers on that i got from Pitt-posse and they work great. I know if you use the whole outfit it really raises the bars up,......to much IMO.

I just used the one that fits in the lower holder and the slim on top of it and it seems to be just right for me,although I need to ride it to makes sure.

The bolts that it came with (which were three different lengths) threaded in the lower handle bar holder just fine(NO DRILLING WAS NECESSERY).

Here is a couple of pics of the adapters with my GoPro HD (cause the wife has the digtal cam and is gone right now) I will get some plainer pics of the adapters with her camera when she gets back and post them.

GOPR0008.jpg

GOPR0009.jpg

IMO, the OEM YZ450 bars are at least that much too low, but also IMO, risers, especially that style, are not a good way to correct the problem.

Why is that? I have seen others run this style in the past and seemed to do well. I sat on the bike after I put these on and it seemed perfect for me and where I wanted the bars at.

I have always liked to ride with higher heights on the bars and it seems to make me ride better due to the fact that I like to stand more when riding and lower bars always made me sit more.

I dont think these will break or anything like that cause they seem to be as sturdy as the stock way. Maybe only thing that would could to mind is the bolts that go through the adapters may break if the bars were in a bind or were hit with great force .

Why is that?
One thing is that risers are not as mechanically strong or stable as clamps at the original height, even when taller bars are used. This is especially true in a situation where the bars are twisted hard in a crash, and the risers can put a great deal more stress on the top clamp under these conditions.

The second thing is that, as a matter of ergonomics, most people who need their bars taller also need them farther forward, and as bars are bent taller, they generally also rake forward farther at the same time. raising a low set of bars with risers actually moves them back slightly.

One thing is that risers are not as mechanically strong or stable as clamps at the original height, even when taller bars are used. This is especially true in a situation where the bars are twisted hard in a crash, and the risers can put a great deal more stress on the top clamp under these conditions.

The second thing is that, as a matter of ergonomics, most people who need their bars taller also need them farther forward, and as bars are bent taller, they generally also rake forward farther at the same time. raising a low set of bars with risers actually moves them back slightly.

It's funny you never said anything earlier before like this. Especially when the photo was posted of these clamps.

I believe they will be just fine. I dont think they will break the first time I turn the bike over either. One will have to really hit the ground pretty dam hard and at an angle to where the bars are in a bind so that they would break.

Here is some pics of the 06 handle bar height compared to the 2010 modified height.

DSC01186.jpg

Here is the height of the 06's from the steering stem nut to the bottom of the bar. It is just shy of 1"

DSC01195.jpg

Here is the 2010's bar height from the same spot and it is just shy of 2". Just shy of an inch difference between the two

DSC01194.jpg

Edited by CaptainKnobby