Sign in to follow this  

2010 TE 250 Owners

So how do you like it? Did you get it remaped? Is it really light? Hows the power compared to say a wr250f or yzf? I had a 06 te 250 and now a 07 wr250f/280kit. Thinking of going back to Husky. What is the top speed that could be maintained on say the freeway? My old TE would be screaming @ 55mph. Any word of a big bore kit? Seems a stroke would be needed$$$$. Is the fuel injection waterproof as in to the seat river crossings?

I remapped mine.

Power seems to be between a Wr250f and an YZ...mx bikes are faster.

6th gear is a little higher than the old model...maybe you'll get 60 mph out of this one.

50 state street legal cannot be beat!

I'm on the fence with the 2010 Te-250 after a few years on a YZ250F which I love. What are these 2010s selling for in NJ and do the dealers offer a re-map?

Is the fuel injection waterproof as in to the seat river crossings?

Won't water enter the air box at that height?? Hydro lock?? If you can ride in and out of the lake your EFI will not miss a beat.

12-ralph20glassy20water.jpg

Won't water enter the air box at that height?? Hydro lock?? If you can ride in and out of the lake your EFI will not miss a beat.

We have some days with a little more water than normal. I had my old Yam WR250 set up good for that stuff. My 06 Te250 did ok after being set up as well

...:banana:

15-john20bike20flipped.jpg

IMG_3997.jpg

I'm so close to making the call to get one. Even got a shipping quote to ship it to Hawaii......... Hows the bog everyone is talking about? Will it work with a rekluse since the engine is so short stroked, aka top end?

Edited by yamafreek_hawaii
spelling f ups...

Well, With 75 miles on my my 2010 TE250 I raced a new 09 YZ250F on a blacktop road and lost. With 200+ miles on the bike I won 2 out of 2. Factory Race map. No bog at all. I just got a power commander to fool around with and loaded the KLEEMAN txc250 map and noticed a tiny hesitation. Not with the oem map. I did my first ride with a rekluse exp on sunday and it works great. I came off an 05 crf250x with a high comp piston, hotcam and fmf power bomb/ti4. The crf had a tad more low end, noticeable in quick left right single track. I could be in the wrong gear and still come out of the turn ok. (it had a rekluse also). The TE has a tad less low end and I must be in the right gear coming out of the turn or it is a little slower. I am a little over 200 lbs. If I ride the bike in the mid to high range rpms it is fast. The handling and suspension are far superior to the 250x. I race BSSR east coast enduros. Oh, forgot: on the highway sunday for a couple of miles, 60 mph was about 8500 rpm. Not too bad of a ride, but I don't think I would do it for a lot of miles.

Edited by CraigL
highway speeds

I kind of wish I'd never bought my '10 TE. I'm finding the quality isn't near as good as my X. I find lots of bolts that have not been loc-tited or for that mater even tighten down. I just had a cam bolt strip out of the head. They used really small fine threaded bolts to hold down the valve caps / holders.

The bike doesn't have very good distance on a tank of gas. Power is better then my 04 250x though, but the power comes in higher in the power band. I'm comfortable riding the streets at 55mph with the 50 tooth rear gear but I would hate to hit the highway though.

Doug

These replies are the kinds I wanted. Real comments from owners. Im surprised that it was able to beat a yzf on the street! How the weight?

12-ralph20glassy20water.jpg

We have some days with a little more water than normal. I had my old Yam WR250 set up good for that stuff. My 06 Te250 did ok after being set up as well

...:lol:

15-john20bike20flipped.jpg

IMG_3997.jpg

I'm so close to making the call to get one. Even got a shipping quote to ship it to Hawaii......... Hows the bog everyone is talking about? Will it work with a rekluse since the engine is so short stroked, aka top end?

One thing is for sure ... you island guys are not afraid of water :banana:

These replies are the kinds I wanted. Real comments from owners. Im surprised that it was able to beat a yzf on the street! How the weight?

It's light.....250 with gas.

It turns great and the suspension is good.

It's beautiful.

It has a 6 speed trans.

The motor is tight when new so it's a little down on power and slow reving when new.

IT'S STREET LEGAL!!!!!

FI is easy to jet with I-Beat

1ST geat is too tall.

The stock tires suck off-road.

You must check all bolts when it is new and the assembly in Italy is suspect.

I kind of wish I'd never bought my '10 TE. I'm finding the quality isn't near as good as my X. I find lots of bolts that have not been loc-tited or for that mater even tighten down. I just had a cam bolt strip out of the head. They used really small fine threaded bolts to hold down the valve caps / holders.

I feel your pain. It sucks when your brand new bike isn't everything and more that you had hoped for. I felt the same way when I bought my 08 TE 250. I just bought a 2010 TXC 250 and love it. It is everything my 08 isn't. Besides the suspect assembly procedures in Italy, these are really good motors. Just look at the troubles Toyota is facing. Even the very best Japanese Mfg. can have issues.

I have a '10 TXC 250 and have been one on the negative with the hesitation and I have to tell you besides that the bike is so much fun to ride it is worth dealing with this. I would have been out a long time ago if it was not the fact it is light, makes good traction, and handles like a dream. This thing is going to be a rocket once dialed in. With the Ibeat tweaked a little it already is fast. As far as quality control, yes the bolts need to be gone over but all new bikes need that. I have not had my valve cover off yet so I can not comment on that.

You have two options right now as far as the small hesitation on the bottom besides living with it. Power Commander V W/atuto tune or Leo Vince Silencer with matching ECU, this is what I am going to try and I think it will bring more power. I wanted a Titanium silencer anyhow and I get a new ECU to play with.

I remember you Yamafreek from back a few years ago. The bikes are not perfect out of the crate but I think with a little tweaking it is going to be really good in your conditions. The new frame alone is light years ahead of what we used to ride in the handling department. Besides you already know how to do fork seals from the Yamaha days.

I was over in Hawaii when I had a brand new '06(?) Husky at home that I did not get to ride yet, there was someone over there in Ohau with a 450 that passed us on the interstate doing around 75mph. It was cruel punishment while being on vacation and I will never forget.

Regarding 1st gear, does anyone know if it is much taller than 1st was on the previous years 250? I agree 1st is too tall based on my other bikes, but if it is even taller this year I won't be happy without a gearing change. Two teeth on the rear may be ideal but that eats into the already limited top speed.

Is a 1 tooth larger rear worth going to????

Greg

2010 TXC250, 1200 miles, remapped but other wise stock. Love it. Feels very light on the trail, has great power for my needs, very good stock suspension, turns awesome, brakes are excellent. Likes to be ridden like a 2 stroke and rewards you for being aggressive. Not an old school 4 stroke lug it bike. Tank is to small but Clarke is working on that. Love the new frame, feel, handling. Checked the valves at 1100 and they were spot on. I also have a 09 WR125 which is similar but you trade power for weight. Thats a super fun / good bike as well.

I remember you Yamafreek from back a few years ago. The bikes are not perfect out of the crate but I think with a little tweaking it is going to be really good in your conditions. The new frame alone is light years ahead of what we used to ride in the handling department. Besides you already know how to do fork seals from the Yamaha days.

I was over in Hawaii when I had a brand new '06(?) Husky at home that I did not get to ride yet, there was someone over there in Ohau with a 450 that passed us on the interstate doing around 75mph. It was cruel punishment while being on vacation and I will never forget.

IMG_3751.jpg

Was it one of these.... we got them early in 06 maybe it was 05??? :banana: I been just getting fat and doing other things the last few years. Thinking of getting back into it.... Still on the fence...

Aloha

I am pretty sure the one that past me had SM wheels on it. That looks like them though. Riding is a hard drug to put down. I have a friend who is putting his kids through college, so I send him e-mails with cheap bikes found on craigslist once a week. It's killing him.

2010 TXC250, 1200 miles, remapped but other wise stock. Love it. Feels very light on the trail, has great power for my needs, very good stock suspension, turns awesome, brakes are excellent. Likes to be ridden like a 2 stroke and rewards you for being aggressive. Not an old school 4 stroke lug it bike. Tank is to small but Clarke is working on that. Love the new frame, feel, handling. Checked the valves at 1100 and they were spot on. I also have a 09 WR125 which is similar but you trade power for weight. Thats a super fun / good bike as well.

I tend to a be a bit of a lazy rider so a 125 two stroke will never work for me. I am hoping the TE has enough low end for those days I just want to plunk along and not scream the engine. Of course on days like that I could probably get by on an XR200 so I am sure the new TE will be fine.

I am hoping there will be a Heroes or similar deal this April and I'll pick up a new TE at that time. If not, I'll buy one anyway. The trails are calling . . .

Come on Clarke . . .

Greg

It really doesn't like being lugged. I am "remapping" my style to this situation. It sounds like a big bore while riding, but absolutely loves to be wound up in the rpms and runs much better up there. The hesitation isn't present on mine when doing so. It's just during the slow clutch grabbing tight stuff where the bog is felt. I've only got 120 miles on mine so far. Just got Semco's iBeat kit and am starting to fiddle with it. MUCH easier to pick up after dropping it than my 08.

That is so true as far as picking it up, I came from a '08 TE 450 which was a great bike once set up. Picking that 450 up was kind of a chore. I have been riding goat trails as of lately where you can't get away with screaming it. Besides having to keep your fingers on the clutch with the low end hesitation it will surprise you how it can track down low. Here is a video clip of my TXC in action.

And another one tight, muddy but a little faster trail.

Edited by raisrx251
wording

That is so true as far as picking it up, I came from a '08 TE 450 which was a great bike once set up. Picking that 450 up was kind of a chore. I have been riding goat trails as of lately where you can't get away with screaming it. Besides having to keep your fingers on the clutch with the low end hesitation it will surprise you how it can track down low. Here is a video clip of my TXC in action.

And another one tight, muddy but a little faster trail.

Your video number 1 is very similar to my style of riding. I spend a lot of time at about that same rpm range. As long as the bike doesn't falter in that situation, I'll be fine.

And BTW, I too am sick and tired of lifting a big heavy bike. I like big power but big weight is a big turn off.

Greg