Sign in to follow this  

Flex Jet Install

Hey,

Removed my old fuel mixture screw today and put in a flex jet.

No big deal, bike runs ok,

However I couldnt find the original fuel mixture o-ring or washer, pretty sure its still in there,

Is it a big deal to have two of them in there still?

If so is there a easy way to check inside the hole for them?

I dont wanna remove the shock/subframe etc

When I 'twist' my carby I could only just get a screwdriver onto the screw let alone look up inside the hole.

Hey,

Removed my old fuel mixture screw today and put in a flex jet.

No big deal, bike runs ok,

However I couldnt find the original fuel mixture o-ring or washer, pretty sure its still in there,

If so is there a easy way to check inside the hole for them?

I dont wanna remove the shock/subframe etc

When I 'twist' my carby I could only just get a screwdriver onto the screw let alone look up inside the hole.

Yup, you need em in there. Use a mirror, or have some one push on the carb while you look. Surprised you don't have an air leak, as the o-ring sometimes get's pinched and deformed when this happens.

if you have two o-ring and washers it will also effect your acceptable range for number of turns out on the fuel screw.

Do you mean 2 o-rings and 2 washers?

Yes I believe that is what he means

I use a mirror and make a hook out of a small wire to fish them out. IMO your very lucky if they stayed where they belong. I never had them do that.

Yeah I meant two sets of the washers,

See I removed the original screw and the spring than fell out, didnt think too much of it so put the flex jet in,

To be honest I was distracted by the gf turning up and didnt think clearly,

Realised I had never removed the original set of washers so removed the flex jet, the washers from the flex jet fell out onto the floor,

Took me a good half hour of searching around and wasnt until I removed the chain guard that I found the set of washers. What has me convinced that I still have a set stuck up in there is that I looked for so long and only found a single set of washers.

Home alone all weekend so figure thats a perfect time to have a look around for them

Thanks for your help

I believe that there is only one washer and one o-ring on the flex jet. (Disregard the fuel screw on top in the photo, it is from a 230F)

DSC05859.jpg

Yeah thanks for that, Realise theres only one set of washers on the flex jet, thats why I know im missing a set of washers, because unlike your image I have two fuel screws and only one set of washers,

i just checked the micro fiche on ron ayers and it does show a spring, washer and o-ring.

However, when I installed my flex jet I'm pretty sure I had the same issue where I couldn't find the washer upon removal of the oem fuel screw. So.. may be an issue where its not installed at the factory per the specs.

Isn't the washer's only function is to keep the o-ring from getting pinched and/or torn by the ssping when you turn the screw. Therefore, I don't think having two washeres installed will necessarily cause any jetting issues. Now, if the o-ring is missing or pinched, that will allow air to leak in.