Sign in to follow this  

1982 xr250r piston odd part number

My 1982 xr250r jumped time and bent a couple valves,no big deal but when I go to check the piston to see if I can go to the next size rings The only marking on the piston is "B00K3" There are no other markings on the piston and this b00k3 number is pretty much non existent please give me a hand.I will check the piston in the morning and the cylinder.Just wanted to know if anyone had ever seen this number before and if you can tell what company makes it.Thanks:banghead:

What got me about that post is 84.87mm is 8.87 mm over max bore.For this engine max bore is 76mm.What I am not understanding is why this part number will not pop up other than 1 posting on google.It is the only markings on the piston top bottom and sides.

Sir,

Please check the dome for any other part numbers. With only this

information, I don't believe the part is a Wiseco.

This was the response from the Wiseco Discontinued parts department there are absolutely no other markings on the piston.It still has the machine marks in the side looks like new with a little carbon build up.

Just wanted to thank trailryder42 for the input.You were right about it being a wiseco piston but it isn't the 84.87 it is 74.36 check it just a minute ago.

The man that had the bike before me is supposed to be a grade a mechanic.I figured out today that he needs to stick with cars or whatever he does cause dirtbikes aren't his thing.He took a brand new wiseco domed piston and ground the top flat with a grinder the marks are still in it they were just leveled off with carbon once I got it clean the marks are unmistakable.He also cut the edges off of the dome at the same time they were ground on to.Thanks just glad the bore is still close enough to rebuild.