Sign in to follow this  

Is it worth changing the stock Air Filter? To a Twin Air Or UNIfilter?

Ive long time been a Unifilter fan. & was just about to buy one of these kits for my 450X (Which Im picking up from the dealer next Wednesday. Cant Wait!)

PROCOMP2 Combo Packs

Ive had a look at the Twin Air filters, but I still think the Uni's are the best.

But! What about the stock air filter!? Should I even change it? Maybe the stock is very good!? I don't know yet.

What do you recommend?

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Paul.

The stock filter is the best. It is a bit restrictive in air flow, but that' the least of your issues. I like the Uni, many others here don't. I like it cause it's close to stock in performance. I don't like the Twin-air (flimsy).

Have you re-jetted and un-corked yet?

My stock filter ripped so I bought one of those high air flow kits that eliminate the stock backfire screen. My air box is cut on the top and sides, I have an aftermarket silencer, am running an R cam, and the carb is rejetted; I couldn't tell any difference between the stock filter with the backfire screen and the high flow kit.

If I had to do it over again, I would just buy another stock filter.

Stock here until it wore out, Twin Air and No Toil now. Don't change it just for the sake of changing, spend your money on other items, jetting and suspension being number one.

i have two stock filters. When one is dirty I throw the clean one in and clean up the dirty for ease and convenience.

I alternate between stock and the TwinAir. I don't notice a performance difference. But I have an unmolested airbox and stock muffler, just rejetted. That may be why i don't notice a difference. But they both seem to get equally dirty, so I know they both work.

I ran stock filters until the rubber strip around the base of the filter came unglued-about 4 washings of each filter. I now run twin air filters. Half the price of stock and stays together when washed in solvent. The fit is tight as they are the same size or alittle bigger than a stock filter. One thing I like is the Twin Air filter has to be installed correctly for the hold down bolt to catch any threads. The plastic bushing that the bolt passes through on the Twin Air is thicker than the one on the stock filter

Thanks for all the reply's!

Looks like I don't need to order a UNIfilter after all!

The Stock filter will do!

Thanks guys! You just saved me $120.

:thumbsup:

i have two stock filters. When one is dirty I throw the clean one in and clean up the dirty for ease and convenience.

I do the same. The stock is thicker than others, and is better to clean the air. Is better to clean the intake air than a faster intake air. :thumbsup:

I have just bought a twin air to run in my CRF i found the stock ones seem to get brittle and chip of on some of the rubber bits.