Sign in to follow this  

Washington Without looking Odd!

Hello everyone. I have been riding for a long time now, well for me a long time about 21 years and have never really raced anything organized like the d100 or the upcomming Gp, However I really want to but like a lot of people I don't want to look like a clown out there.

So what I am asking here is for some tips to make me want to go and not worry about whats going on around me.

Moving from here (washington, Kingston to be exact) from Florida is a lot different w/ ORV Tags, and such, so to help you all out and myself,

Have ORV Tabs and Tag, Member of NMA and NMA Competition License.

Not sure if my Bike is under 98db, I would guess so, but at what Rpm? Rapped out, No chance! Bike is in great mechanical condition., but are there other things I need that I might not know about, for instance any overflow bottles or catching devices? or anything that is a show stopper before I even get to the start line?

I have looked around, read all the rules I can find about anything and everything, I just don't want to get the courage to finally go and not get a chance to race. Any help would be so much appriciated.

Thanks again.

alls you gotta do is gas the bike up at a station, drive'er on over, hit the registration booth, slap on your number and hold on for the ride! :thumbsup:

around here (at least the races i've been to on the western side of WA) they aren't all too concerned about your DB reading, so long as your bike has a muffler on it (have actually seen guyes for instance on a late '90's kx 250 without even a muffler lined up).

And as far as overflow catches or anything like that, don't worry. You could go to the dealer, buy any new bike out there, and haul it straight to the race. No fancy aftermarket parts necessary.

You gotta remember... Cali is a bit farther south:smirk:

I did my first race about 4 months ago. I did nothing special. I ride a two stroke so the sound guy didn't really even check it. He just said "I love 2 Strokes, they're so quiet".

Unless you have some abnormally loud pipe I think you'll be fine.

Just go out there and run your own race. You might be surprised at the results.

You'll probably get hooked though.

Thanks to all the answers I needed. I am looking at heading out the the Frostbite GP and White Knuckle Hare Scramble and see how that goes. I am really looking forward to it. Going to beef up the bike and get some protection for it.

Thanks again for everything and hope to see you all out there!

make your bike as qiuet as possible, and everyone will think you are a stud!

X2! Nobody likes a loud bike exept the D-bag flat-biller bro riding it and his skank GF. :thumbsup:

The racing around here is pretty laid back...just show up with your bike in good shape, your silencer in good shape, i.e., not in dire need of repacking, and if the race is on public land, as several are, you will need a spark arrestor.

Although you will not really need them at the Frostbite/White Knuckle you should eventually get a skid plate and handguards...you will definitely want them for the Desert 100!

Come on out and have fun, everybody is very friendly and helpful :ride:

Yeah, I am very excited to get out there and check it all out. I have raced a lot in Florida, but I am sure that you all can imagine what that was like. Lots of Sand, Trees and blistering hot temps. Not the full type of terrian that you get here in lovely PNW.

Anyway, If you all happen to see me out there just make sure you pick the bike up before me, I'll be alright!

Thanks for all the help!