Sign in to follow this  

TT250 to 350 ?????

basically a mate got his tt250 rebuilt top, bottom n side to side...... almost everything to do with going forward.

300k after rebuild it all locked up and couldnt move the kick or anything. got another mate to pull it down seeing as he is the cluey one of the three and he said it would b cheaper to put a new engine in.... he said that the bore was rooted, done bottom end bearing and it caused the gears to go......

we found a tt 350 engine cheap and dont wanna but it unless we know it will fit.

would be great if someone could maybe give me some advice regarding if it will fit

.:thumbsup:

well we did put an xt250 into an xt350 frame. it bolted right up on the bottom but we had to make a custom head support. problem is the tt350 uses 2 carbs vs the tt250's one carb and same for exhaust. it can be custom fitted into place but it might be more trouble than it is worth.

TT 250 and SRX 250 models went to a 4 valve head from 1984. I have have seen  an SRX 250 converted to 350 using a 350 top end.I say using a whole 350 engine would be easier. The engine mounts and harness are compatible. the carbs and exhaust on the 350 are a little bigger. If you have the 2 valve model the exhaust and carbs are completely different and it would make things a lot more complicated.

ok firstly your in Australia so the above advice may not be correct for you!  What year tt250 is it?  over hear we had that model with the duel carby for many more years than the USA infact up to about 1990.

the tt250R and ttr250 are the single carb version and have a diffrent layout this is true. If you have a tt250 duel carb a tt350 or xt350 engive will fit perfectly with no to verry minor changes its the same bike as the tt350 in every way other than the engine.