Anyone listen to their ipod during a race ?

I just started racing but before that Ive ALWAYS riden with an ipod on. I'm very observant with or without one so I typically know where everything is around me.

I also always keep my line on the track.

Hey man +1 I use my mp3 player whenever I'm running practice laps at the track or freeriding, but I'm all buisness on race day. My brother is a little less serious and uses his during the race too, he loves it! People will try to say its unsafe, but then they go and ride with a set of earplugs in. Plus Ashley Fiolek rips and she's deaf! Check out the thread I posted called "post your playlist" and throw on some of your fav riding songs!

Yeah I can see why you would use an ipod for practice laps etc. But not actual races, you would not be able to hear your motor or hear when someone is gaining on you little things like that are very crucial in a race and if they are not observed could cause you to lose the race.

Race day=No. Anytime else, hell yes. Very relaxing and allows me to settle into my riding. My wife chews gum as a distraction, which can work too to take the mind off of the weird little distractions that pop into my helmet while riding. Although I do not recommend going full volume on the ipod. I actually listen to my blackberry, but same idea.

i listen to mine all the time. i cant get into my flow if i dont have music. drives me insane. i just make it so once i crack the throttle open it mutes out the music and you hear nothing but motor, but going into a turn on the brakes you hear music and the motors around you. baaarely audible music. good enough for me and it keeps my mind occupied... i sing loud as all hell while i do it too lol. must be funny when i pass people or get passed and they hear me singing along lol.

I might have to try it sometime.

must be funny when i pass people or get passed and they hear me singing along lol.

:ride:?

Ok class, see that guy singing to himself as he goes by? Yeah? Ok well that's what we call being "in the zone". ?

lol... its funny as hell when i pull into my camp when we are in the desert and everyone there is staring at me and cracking up laughing. im like screamin it at the top of my lungs. great way to remember to breathe. same thing divers do to keep from getting the benz. when my uncle and i would go down he would always tell me before we dived, that as we come up make sure to sing your favorite song and dont stop till you break surface. we never did deeep deep diving but still a good thing to learn and be aware of.

i dont. go to a rite aid or a sav-ons and they have the little ear phone section. magnavox makes a ear bud style head phone that they sell there for like 12 bucks. stays in fine and if you wear them and dont play music through them, they tone the bike sounds down to a managable level. i have super sensitive hearing so anything too loud starts giving me reallly bad migranes. they fit well, you dont feel them at all and they put out decent sound. if you rip the cords in a crash, oh well it was 12 bucks. alot better than destroying 70+ dollar ear phones.

+1...on my snowboarding helmet there are built in speakers ? I just wish my mx helmet was like that :ride:

Good idea, I went and checked out my helmet (pic below) to see if that might be possible. Their's a space in my Bell Moto 8 helmet where something like that might fit. Thoughts?

Here are some helmet earphones that I saw on Ebay LINK (pic below)

SatMar06113425AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

966f_35.JPG