Rebuilding 01' WR 426 - Need Help

i seized a lower connecting rod bearing, the cost of a new rod and having it pressed on is close to the cost of a new crank, from Hot Rods Inc. Question is should i buy a 426 crank or can i use a 450, a see the bore is the same only the stroke is different, the cylinder has a couple of scuffs so i was planning replacing it and the piston, could i replace all three with 450 parts? is the head the same? i have freinds with stock WR 450 and YZ 450 cams, would i need these? my buddy with the YZ Cams also has a 471 Stroker Crank, would this be worth considering? How would these changes affect Jetting / Exhaust? I like more power as much as the next guy, but i don't want to sacrfice reliability, or make it temperamental. I just thought as long as i was buying new parts anyway, why not make it a little faster. Any input would be greatly appreciated......

i seized a lower connecting rod bearing, the cost of a new rod and having it pressed on is close to the cost of a new crank, from Hot Rods Inc. Question is should i buy a 426 crank or can i use a 450, a see the bore is the same only the stroke is different, the cylinder has a couple of scuffs so i was planning replacing it and the piston, could i replace all three with 450 parts? is the head the same? i have freinds with stock WR 450 and YZ 450 cams, would i need these? my buddy with the YZ Cams also has a 471 Stroker Crank, would this be worth considering? How would these changes affect Jetting / Exhaust? I like more power as much as the next guy, but i don't want to sacrfice reliability, or make it temperamental. I just thought as long as i was buying new parts anyway, why not make it a little faster. Any input would be greatly appreciated......

Your cheapest option would be to have the 426 crank rebuilt, look around because a new crank vs. a rebuilt crank should be 50% or alteast it was when I did it.

The 450 motor and 426 motor have enought very minor differences that will probaly cause headaches. You might be able to use the 450 piston if the part numbers are the same but that would sacrifice reliability by re-using a piston.

In my book piece of mind is worth more than trying to save a few bucks. A rebuilt crank, piston and rings. ?