Sign in to follow this  

NorthCarolina Brushy Mountain Open this weekend March 5, 6 and 7

Brushy will be open this weekend March 5, 6 and 7 for riding. We received a very light snow early this week and it has been melting since it first hit the ground. Most of the snow is gone already and what little is left should be gone by the end of today Thursday. The temperatures for this weekend should be comfortably warm so come on out and take advantage of Mother Natures gift. You know she likes to screw with you so don't miss out on a good weekend to ride because Winters not over yet.

I'm was going to come this weekend Richard, but after joining your site's discussion forum last night, I've already been banned...without even my first post. You musta known I was gonna talk some serious smack over there. :ride:

J/K, we're still coming. But really, did my forum reputation preceed me or what. :thumbsup:

Trip is delayed by an hour, gotta drop a kid off @ school on a one hour delay. Should be a fun day though. My buddy couldn't make it, but loaned me his KTM200 so my roomate can tag along with me. I'll be riding the KTM and he'll be on my old KDX. I'll post back with trail conditions. Gonna be taking it easy since I'm on a borrowed bike and my riding partner has little experience. We'll probably stick to the beginner loop and the double track. I'd like to try and get out the main loop again though for a nice long ride.

Edited by juliend

Thanks for straighting out the forum thing Richard. I'll be there with 3 or 4 others about 9:30ish Sunday. :thumbsup:

Brushy was great. There's a good bit of mud, and there was still a couple inches of snow on the backside of the long main loop. Not snow like 2 weeks ago though, it was easy to get traction through it, no trouble. Had a great day and got real good and muddy. We stuck to the double track mostly. 10 C was a blast, and the youth trail, and then we took the long loop. That big hill climb on the long loop where several of us got stuck in the snow 2 weeks ago was darn near just as tough to get up today, but because of mud not snow. We made it past without too much trouble though and the rest of the trail was pretty excellent.

Ya'll have fun 2morrow and sunday!!