Sign in to follow this  

Additional DR 200 mods

I have a 2007 DR 200. I have done the carb and exhaust mods from Keintech, changed the counter sprocket to a 13T, and put Pirelli MT21 tires on it. I am still looking for a little more power. Has anyone done any engine work such as bore, stroke, cam, compression changes? I realize I could buy a more powerful bike, but I really like this little DR 200. Thank you in advance for the feedback.

Workin with an 85 DR200 Dirt version motor right now.

It's got a LT230 Webb Cam in it, the mildest version, their spring kit and new rockers, a Mik TM28-1 pumper flat slide carb and a stock WR250F mid and muffler mated to a EMT header. Haven't heard it run yet, but I intend on doing the frame ASAP and firing this beast up!

There's a quad site (fourstroketech.net) that will machine up custom pistons from LT230 blanks. They're the same size, as the LT was a stroked DR kind of. That will give you higher compression, but beware the need for premium!

I would get a woods 250F muffler, or pop for the new FMF for bang for buck mods. Follow with the cam, and if you really want to become bald, the TM28-1.

Please post back when you have that DR running. I am really interested in how the TM28 works out. I was considering doing that exact same mod and was wondering if anyone else had tried it.

Actually, Suzuki did it back in the 80s. Stock jetting should be out there somewhere.

EDIT: But make sure if you buy a TM28 it's a TM28-1 or it wont be a pumper. Thumpers love pumpers!

Edited by 500XC
forgot